What's new

whats on your grill today?

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brand new Smoker/ Grill (that I ordered a month ago) has been sitting at a truck depot (two hours away)sense tuesday... and they just didn't get around to bringing it or calling me so i have NOTHING ON MY GRILL TODAY:cry::cry: I asked if I could drive down and get it but there just a hub and no body will be there!!!!!!

Yes this is a mild rant :cool:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I didn't grill this one, but a friend of mine did some brats. His homemade sauerkraut was insanely good.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Chicken thighs.

Probably not the best day to be standing over a hot grill though.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy
I know that feeling. Gotta give yourself those pep talks just to stay outside...like Mickey in between rounds talking to Rocky. :LOL:

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new grill showed up!!! (See mild rant posted earlier)

I have never done much grilling so I starter with some hamburgers,and some chicken, and a meatloaf.

This my first attempt at a long cook/smoke.
I picked up a wet pack of tricks-tip roasts, my choices were limited so i had to get "select" grade but it had the fat cap still on, so I watched some you tube videos and decided to try a try-tip cooked like a brisket.

New smoker/grill Pit Boss Sportsman
IMG_2053.JPG

About three hours in
IMG_2059.JPG

The temp is about 130 degrees
IMG_2060.JPG

i will have let you know how it turnes out ,I will foil wrap it at 165 degrees and let it go to about 205 degrees or so (I AM you tube certified) :rolleyes:

This is the nifty controller on my grill(just turned it on)

64745414999__7E96A549-836E-4D39-8E03-8F89D42BF0FC.JPG

Wish me luck this is only a test

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
My new grill showed up!!! (See mild rant posted earlier)

I have never done much grilling so I starter with some hamburgers,and some chicken, and a meatloaf.

This my first attempt at a long cook/smoke.
I picked up a wet pack of tricks-tip roasts, my choices were limited so i had to get "select" grade but it had the fat cap still on, so I watched some you tube videos and decided to try a try-tip cooked like a brisket.

New smoker/grill Pit Boss Sportsman
View attachment 162833

About three hours in
View attachment 162834

The temp is about 130 degrees
View attachment 162835

i will have let you know how it turnes out ,I will foil wrap it at 165 degrees and let it go to about 205 degrees or so (I AM you tube certified) :rolleyes:

This is the nifty controller on my grill(just turned it on)

View attachment 162836

Wish me luck this is only a test
Tri tip is awesome. From my experience smoking it is not necessary. Just indirect grill it for about 45 mins. Turns out great for me anyway.

Thebutcher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tri tip is awesome. From my experience smoking it is not necessary. Just indirect grill it for about 45 mins. Turns out great for me anyway.

Tri tip is outstanding, I want to try to just grilling one but I was just diying to do a low and slow cook, my wife likes well done meat so this was my first attempt

I was a little concerned about quality of the roast it was select, that was all I could get so a long cook to tenderize it seamed like the thing to do

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Tri tip is outstanding, I want to try to just grilling one but I was just diying to do a low and slow cook, my wife likes well done meat so this was my first attempt

I was a little concerned about quality of the roast it was select, that was all I could get so a long cook to tenderize it seamed like the thing to do
Being that triangle shape is awesome. You get the well done end for the picky people and the larger end stays closer to medium/medium rare for the normal people.
But i have had more than i can count, and even the lesser quality ones are tender as long as you cut across it and not length wise.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It is miserably hot today. I definitely don't wanna be grilling during the heat of the day, but when grandma requests some grilled chicken...don't reckon you can say no. Thus we find ourselves in a similar situation as yesterday.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Inspired by my son's weird pork rub choices yesterday...I picked beef fajita rub to season these with. :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes it works! I've been using my secret fish taco aoli/sauce on carnitas, chicken, and carne asada. It turned out to be great on all of it.

Last edited: