What's new

whats on your grill today?

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]
Sometimes it works! I've been using my secret fish taco aoli/sauce on carnitas, chicken, and carne asada. It turned out to be great on all of it.
So what beef cut do you use for Carne Asada??? I have had several people ask for it but none of them know what part of the animal it comes from.

I read that it traditionally came from the flank or the skirt but that was when it was the cheepest cut available and thats not the case anymore.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

So what beef cut do you use for Carne Asada??? I have had several people ask for it but none of them know what part of the animal it comes from.

I read that it traditionally came from the flank or the skirt but that was when it was the cheepest cut available and thats not the case anymore.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, flank or skirt steak. Lately I've been using skirt steak. Either is good though.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yuppers, skirt steak is what I prefer too. Can't go wrong there. Super beefy flavor.
...and so damn tender when cooked properly. I think because of the particular fats in that cut. Just an amazing piece of meat! I might have to change my meal plan for dinner tonight...thanks guys:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guy's that is what I read, but my customers had no idea where it came from.

the skirt makes sense however, even in lean carcass has some marbling in the skirt...most of the time :cautious:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What kind of wood did you use? That is gorgeous.
Lump coal and 2 apple chunks about the size of a baseball. I used the 22" Weber Kettle with the Slow 'N Sear. Took about 2 hours with top vent wide open and bottom vent half open.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lump coal and 2 apple chunks about the size of a baseball. I used the 22" Weber Kettle with the Slow 'N Sear. Took about 2 hours with top vent wide open and bottom vent half open.

Lump is really the best...I need to buy some more. Love how that skin stayed perfectly intact. That's so hard to do! Mine is always a mess, haha.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Forgot to say I sprayed with apple juice every 30 min or so.

Agreed, lump is great. ACE Hardware had some good sales this month and I had a $10 off $50 coupon. With the sale and coupon I purchased 2 bags and basically got the 3rd bag for free.