What's new

whats on your grill today?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks man I'll let you know how it comes out...........

For what she's doing this year, doing the bird on the grill will really help out with the oven space shortage. ;):)
Definitely let me know how you like it.

Oh and having the oven free for Pies is key!

Heath

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0

Almost there!

About 30 more mins on the smoke... Then about an hour wrapped up tight while resting.. Then it's grub time!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
just mixed up a little raspberry-chipotle dipping sauce for it.. gonna be tasty!

the wing's all yours smoq (although I would recommend the breast!) :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Soooooo glad the weather is finally getting nice again.....

buffalo! its whats for dinner! (grill pics to follow :) )...

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Alex that just looks amazing!

Wish i could find Buffalo steaks out here, I have to look for someone that sells that

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Wish i could find Buffalo steaks out here, I have to look for someone that sells that
We've got an awesome little butcher shop just a few miles away.. that does all organic, grass fed, etc.. type beef.... free range chicken.. etc..etc.. and all sorts of really cool exotics... everything from Elk and Buffalo.. to Yak (I am tempted every time I get in there to get a "rack of Yak" lol...).. rabbit, quail, pheasant, etc... they also carry sushi grade tuna and salmon and some other very nice seafood...

their "sticker" price is a bit much.. but.. they always run a groupon deal where you can get $50 in meats for $25... and you can buy up to 5 groupons at a time... so we have never paid "full price" any time we have walked in there...

For any of you guys thinking about coming to the E TN HERF.. if you want to try to take some SERIOUSLY AWESOME MEAT home with you.. search "Mother Earth Meats" in Knoxville, TN on Groupon.. and run in there and pick up some of the best protein you have ever put in your mouth before you go back home.. they'll even vacuum seal it for you.. throw that stuff on some ice for the road trip back to the house.. and you'll have one of the best meals youve ever eaten when you get back home..

they also have a little restaurant inside... and will cook you up a buffalo burger.. or some elk medallions.. etc.. if you'd rather eat there :)

This is the same place I buy the wagyu beef briskets... all kidding aside, flat out the best red meat I have ever put in my mouth.. its pricey at full retail (about $12 a lb... an 8lb brisket can get expensive, quick...)... but with the groupon.. it becomes reasonable (still almost double the cost of a "regular" brisket"... but at least its not 4x the price.. )..

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Grass fed anything is so much better tasting and better for you. I'm buying a side of Grass fed beef this spring, can't wait for it. Buying on the side I can get it for $3/lb plus processing. It's heirloom beef so it's a little smaller than normal so really not bad in price. Tasty.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
We're doing the same thing... the butcher shop above will do a side of beef or a whole cow.. whatever you want.. ends up being a little less than $4 a pound including processing around here.. which brings it all well within typical grocery store/supermarket pricing.. for a much better tasting and far healthier product..