What's new

What's your person criteria for buying something again?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My pallet isn’t very deep so my criteria is pretty short. Basically
1. Did I enjoy the smoke (flavor)
2. No construction issues
3. Good price

#3 is most important since I enjoy almost all flavor profiles and construction in the price range I Smoke at is usually on point.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My pallet isn’t very deep so my criteria is pretty short. Basically
1. Did I enjoy the smoke (flavor)
2. No construction issues
3. Good price

#3 is most important since I enjoy almost all flavor profiles and construction in the price range I Smoke at is usually on point.

Fun is finding the price point stuff, that is good.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I haven’t been smoking for very long but it seems like the golden age of cigars right now. So many great sticks that don’t move and get marked down. Especially if you don’t get trapped into needing to smoke the new hotness all the time

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Being a cheap bastard, I'd have to agree with you on that.. Lol, there's a special joy that comes when I find a great stick that's readily available, and "everyday" affordable. When a stick costs $10+, I've found that I'm overly critical, and generally don't care to get more, aside from a few exceptions like Anjeos..
CCs are a bit of a different story though, as they don't have sales/specials like most NCs do.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I haven’t been smoking for very long but it seems like the golden age of cigars right now. So many great sticks that don’t move and get marked down. Especially if you don’t get trapped into needing to smoke the new hotness all the time

One of the local B & M use to have a mark down table, 50% off MSRP. Reason they were slow move, and they were blowing them out for stuff people who pay FULL MSRP FOR.

Shop all have slow mover, so just have the business sense to blow them out v/s taking up valuable space.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I curious that is why the question? What is your person reason for repurchasing any Cigars again?

I have a little rating system I use:

Appearance: Rating 0 - 2
0 = Could pass for a Cigar.
1 = Is a Cigar. People recognize it as a Cigar.
2 = Quality Cigar no outward appear problems, could be beauty pageant winner.

Burn Quality: Rating 0 - 2
0 = Problems with burn, torpedoing, stem in blend, more aggravation, then pleasure, just burns elcrapo.
1 = Burns with minor problems
2 = stays lit, no problems

Ash Formation: Rating 0 - 2
0 = Ashes up uneven, again problem Cigar we have all had.
1 = Ashs up, but mushroom's ash is uneven.
2 = Perfect even Ash, problem free.

Flavor Profile: Rating 0 - 4
0 = Taste like S***, nothing good to say, taste like straw, no flavor.
1 = Taste like smoke, but nothing stands out.
2 = Taste is there, better then a "1" But not excitement.
3 = Taste some flavor, starts to make me say this is good. Has some attention getting properties.
4 = Taste is wonderful, flavor keep my intrest, I keep say to myself, Wow this wonderful. Me want more.

** I know what my taste buds like, and JMHO. Everyone palate is different.

** Highter numbers being best, 0 = Elcrapo

Anything above a 7 over all is high marks.

8's, 9''s and 10's to me are hard fines.

I keep a list of everything I smoke, I am constantly relating. But I also forgive one or two inconsistant Cigar in a Brand, Blend, or
Size. Size effect flavor, as say a Rubusto could earn a "6 or 7", but a Churchill could be an "8".

That my system for repurchase, it simple, but a tad complicated.:censored:
That's a well thought out system but imho a bit too much.

Not the first one to point out that it all boils down to the smoking experience. I don't care what the cigar looks like, but if it doesn't look like a cigar, chances are it won't smoke like one either. Similar for the burn quality and flavor profile - you need some degree of burn quality for the flavor profile to actually come out, and if it burns well the ash is probably going to hold on decently because both are related to good construction.

Even so, the experience is still a subjective thing. I don't smoke too often, so the chance to sit down and not do anything but smoke makes up for a good part of it. The price plays a role, too - I'm not looking out for the cheapest smokes I can find, but I do like to know what I'm paying for. There were lots of pricey cigars that were great but when you take all of the above into account, didn't fare five times better than the ones at the fifth of the price.