What's new

What's your storage set up/why

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'm asking this because I've seen so many different methods reasons and preferences and figured guys could get really good ideas based on their own situations out of this thread.

For instance. I always see guys say "set up a Coolidor and be done with it " or guys with hot homes have wineadors or guys dream of walkins etc.
Me? I dont particularly WANT one big ass humidor. I buy desk tops because I like how they look. I have separate categories and it's good downtime to me to maintain them (which I've heard as a complaint and reason to "upgrade") ...like cleaning my guns, quiet me time. I have them separated some by brand (currently a liga and a padron) mid grade by strengths a full and a mild, a super prem, a cc and then a "u can have whatever you want out of that one" for lets say the casual smoker aka the "this is a great time and you have one so let me have one with you but im gonna leave half in the ashtray" guy. My next humi is the 100ct "old world" one which I've always dug the look of that map of the world. I think I'm gonna move the LPs to that one. big rg takin up space In the smaller humi. I do believe I will start a Coolidor for my cc to keep them out of site and out of temptations way and allow them to get some time. Aesthetics are no problem as they will be tucked In a closet corner.

So what's your set up how and why and future plans and hopes. Pics definitely welcomed.
Go!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Great topic Galactus I want to do a cooledor and need ideas.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I use a winedor even though we have central air. I picked up the whole setup for $100 from a local cigar club member who was quitting. I previously had 4 humidor of various sizes. What I didn't like about them was that I couldn't keep full boxes intact. Although, the winedor is a narrow unit so I can only put certain boxes in it but it's better for me. I'll post a pic later today. It's not a bad setup at all, especially for $100.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends what you are looking to do in the hobby. There are some pretty avid collectors that have multiple coolers and wineadors which is cool, but I'm not much of a collector I really just want to smoke them. I have followed the mantra of calculating how many cigars you smoke in a year and figure your storage needs from there. Since I smoke 1-2 a week that calculates out to 75-100 a year. Now you want to be able to take advantage of box savings so figure double that to account for a good supply of your favorites. That takes me to about 200-225 on hand. If you smoke infused cigars, like I do, that complicates things because you need a separate box for them. So for me I am looking at a 200 count box for my regular sticks and a 75 count box for my infused and that addresses my needs. I know many will say I'm crazy and I will outgrow those quick, but I have a lot of self control and don't ever see me having more than that on hand. And yes, you can quote me on that!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I keep almost everything in a medium sized cabinet.. not the prettiest thing in the world.. but it works for me...

I do maintain a "moochador" (150 count desktop) and keep maybe 30-40 sticks in there... that I use for when friends, buddies, etc.. that arent really smokers come over.. where they can just reach in and grab anything they like, etc...

I used to keep a wineador, a coolerador, a couple of desktops, etc..etc.. and had everything spread out and organized by size/value/cc vs nc, etc...etc... but that got too time consuming and complicated..

With the cabinet, everything is in plain view all the time.. Ive got 3x angled shelves with large sized trays (thanks forrest!) on them that I use for singles.. and 4 "flat" shelves for all the boxes.. No need (desire) to organize any further than that.. I can look through the glass front and see exactly whats in there.. and whats not...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I do maintain a "moochador" (150 count desktop) and keep maybe 30-40 sticks in there... that I use for when friends, buddies, etc.. that arent really smokers come over.. where they can just reach in and grab anything they like, etc...
Great idea mdwest. I just usually keep a small reserve of cheap but relatively decent cigars (I usually keep some JR Alts or similar around). I got sick of my friends who wanted a cigar while playing cards, but then never smoked much of it.

As for me - I have a 300-500 count humidor that I bought years ago. It fits perfectly on my end table so you notice it, but if you do it's nice enough it looks like furniture. I usually keep it filled to the brim because I don't smoke as much as I used to, but still buy cigars like I do. As for the why do I have what I have - it's because I used to have smaller humidors that I outgrow and end up giving the humidor to a friend or family member. My current humidor holds about 400 robusto/coronas which is my preferred size smoke.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
One day my setup will be an aristocrat. Packed to the absolute fullest. One day (a boy can dream right?)

But for now its just some coolers and a Vino

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For now I have a coolidor for letting cigars settle after shipping and to hold the bulk of my collection. And a tupperdor for everyday sticks. I haven't bought a humi yet just because I am moving and I want to wait to get one that fits with however I decorate my office/den in the new house.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I have a 28 bottle vinotemp bolted down in the RV. It took me a few locations and a lot of tries to finally get it in a spot where it wouldn't rip the bolts out while traveling. More than once I would pull over-and the vino would be face first lying on the door. Since it's hard to keep a RV at an even temperature, I use an ETC on the vinotemp. If it's going to be a warm day that I'm traveling through-I also run the generator while I drive so the AC and Vinotemp can power on as needed to keep the cigars comfy. It does suck burning $12-$25 in gas for a day of generator useage, but sometimes it's just what needs to be done. Now that it's cooling down, I can run the furnace while I drive, to keep them from having too drastic of a temperature swing. I use HCM beads throughout, and they have kept it rock solid for years with no maintenance at all. I thought I had a picture on the phone, but it's a blurry one I took to show the TV, not the Vinotemp.

Then a friend of mine has a few more of my smokes. When the fridge in their kitchen died, he moved it to the basement and he has HCM beads in it as well. I have a shelf in there where he keeps boxes that are new to me, or need aging. Every so often I either get down there for a reload-or he will FedEx some cigars to me. His smokes are kept in it as well, so I know mine are taken care of just as well as his.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
3 vinotemps 28/28/38. Nc boxes/6 pull out drawers 4 singles/CC boxes in that order. All behind a custom granite top bar and beverage center fridge to round it out. All custom built my own hands. It's my dream setup. And I wouldn't want it any other way. I have plenty of room for storage. And at this point am happy with my overall collection. Throw one 100 ct desktop in the mix for sentimental value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I do maintain a "moochador" (150 count desktop) and keep maybe 30-40 sticks in there... that I use for when friends, buddies, etc.."

I love it! I have a few of those too.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I rock the 150 count that my gf bought me and two little Tupperwares. Someday when I can afford boxes I'll upgrade to a winedor or cabinet. This works pretty good though.
IMAG1701.jpg

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Love how varied it is. Keep em comin.

Wish I had never heard the term moochadoor tho...I'm gonna accidentally say it ...sure go in the moochadoor ...get whatever you want outta that one ...ya mooch. (Mickey voice) lol

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I went coolidor just for cost vs size ratio but I also have a small 20 ct desktop for whats "on deck" so that i dont have to keep opening and closing my bulk storage to grab one stick.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The moochidor is something I never really was behind. I keep a few cigars around that I don't mind newer guys having, or not finishing. I just hand those to them. I haven't yet met a 'non smoker' that wanted to pick their own out. They are usually so lost on what the cigars are, that they are more than happy for me to hand them something and say "I think you'll like this." They don't need to know I'm handing them a $3 stick. And often it's not a $3 stick, it might be a premium that was gifted to me, that I know isn't in my profile-but could very well be in theirs.

Back when I kept the Vinotemp at the house, I had a bag marked "Karen's Cigars" that I put gurkhas and shit into. If she had a friend over that was impressed with the humidor, she knew should could hand them something from that bag, and I wouldn't be upset she was passing out my cigars, and her friends were impressed should could pull one out for them.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I have an Avallo 2000 cabinet, and the 'why' comes from many folks having great things to say about the product AND the stellar cust service. I have owned it for several years, and it is the epitome of consistency. I opted for an extra pull out shelf instead of a singles drawer...lots of room to age boxes as well as shorter-term storage.Love my Avallo!