What's new

What's your storage set up/why

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Good ol' Coolidor. I started with a tiny tupperdore and figured may as well get something larger now instead of later. Cedar trays from wherever it was that has them for 9.99. HCM beads - which have been pretty rock solid. I think I'm going to look for shorter trays (or just modify these) so that I can fit them in side by side. That'll increase storage space for down the line if I need it, and increase the amount of cedar in there now to help keep the humidity stable. Setup works pretty well for right around $100. And...smells amazing when I open it....sometimes I go down to the basement just to open it and take a whiff.... :halfgrinw

coolidor1.jpg

coolidor2.jpg

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
what did you use to hold the cedar lining in place?
I dont recall the product brand name.. but it was an odorless caulk that I picked up at Home Depot or Lowes I believe.. Same thing I used when I sealed up my cabinet..

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I scored a ton of thin sheets of cedar off Fleabay from a guy who is a woodworking afficionado and it's about 1/16 of an inch that I use for every tupperador and coolerador. It's very easy and pliable and I use double sided scotch tape to hold it in place ( cut to size for each humidor size ) and it works perfectly. I lined the bottom first and then the sides and they have been in place with no issues and some for as long as 3 years. On some I did the lids to see if that made any difference ( can't really tell but the aesthetics sure look nice ) and I really can tell the difference in taste esp. since I rest a lot of my cigars for years. There are some cigars with a profile I know like the back of my hand and at the 1 year resting point I can really tell the taste difference of the cedar transfer.

In my Coolerador I used a little heavier kind of tape...my first one I actually used duct tape to hold it in place...worked fine and didn't have any residual taste issues at all but I found that good double sided scotch tape was the answer.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
So when I joined here back in what March, this is what my one little desk top looked like (partly due to Scittles).

Now this is where I am at, my cigar "bar". I recently scored the pipe holder and baccy jar at an antique shop, it hold my cob (thanks Mr. Price) and one of my grandfathers pipes. All my samples I have been gifted are inside the jar. One unopened tin of Nording on top. Then there is my first ever humi I bought back like 10 years ago when Scittles and I visit Bonita smoke shop I believe it was. Then I coupled it with a craigslist find to expand into.

Then with bombing, trading, collecting and going to events I knew I was going to need more space so I went the budget friendly coolidor route after I was shafted on buying my first wineador. Very soon though I hope to move into something even bigger as space has become tight.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
That's a pretty good start. I had a 50 ct with a 5er from Thompsons. Might still have a 5Vegas from waaaaaaaaaay back in January.

KK33

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
So when I joined here back in what March, this is what my one little desk top looked like (partly due to Scittles).

Now this is where I am at, my cigar "bar". I recently scored the pipe holder and baccy jar at an antique shop, it hold my cob (thanks Mr. Price) and one of my grandfathers pipes. All my samples I have been gifted are inside the jar. One unopened tin of Nording on top. Then there is my first ever humi I bought back like 10 years ago when Scittles and I visit Bonita smoke shop I believe it was. Then I coupled it with a craigslist find to expand into.

Then with bombing, trading, collecting and going to events I knew I was going to need more space so I went the budget friendly coolidor route after I was shafted on buying my first wineador. Very soon though I hope to move into something even bigger as space has become tight.

I noticed a lack of pipe tobacco tins and a empty spot in that pipe rack.......huh.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I actually have the same pipe holder, that was my grandfathers. He always kept his pipe tobacco in the pouches, so the jar even has a card stock inside that wraps around, and looks like tobacco is stored in there. I keep a few of his pipes stored in it.
Now this is where I am at, my cigar "bar". I recently scored the pipe holder and baccy jar at an antique shop, it hold my cob (thanks Mr. Price) and one of my grandfathers pipes.
Here is my current setup in the RV. Setup.jpg

Attachments

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Multiple tubs with 65% beads/bovedas and a 300 count desktop that I refill and smoke out of regularly unless I really want to go digging for something

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
8'x8'x10' temp controlled walk in with a plumbed in auto filling humidifier. The aristocrat was just not big enough and a bigger one speced out like I would have wanted would have cost as much as the walk in I built....

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
8'x8'x10' temp controlled walk in with a plumbed in auto filling humidifier. The aristocrat was just not big enough and a bigger one speced out like I would have wanted would have cost as much as the walk in I built....
Mikes, do you have pics? Or better yet, is there a 'post your walk in pics' thread I may have missed?

KK33

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I noticed a lack of pipe tobacco tins and a empty spot in that pipe rack.......huh.
Hey now you already sent me down that rabbit hole! I technically have 3 pipes, just need to clean my grandfathers meerschaum pipes and use them. One of them I am not sure about using though, it really cool piece though.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Started with desktops and I still have four including a couple of nice diamond crowns. I wanted to keep the sticks int heir own boxes. There is something about reaching in and selecting a box of cigars, so I went to coolidors. 180 quart colemans. After the third cooledor we built a cabinet. Started with a custom TV armoire. Sucker was huge meant for the old full size giant Tv's. Sealed it. It is lined with cedar using the floating method. Bought a accumonitor active system. Holds many, many boxes. Set it and forget it.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Started with desktops and I still have four including a couple of nice diamond crowns. I wanted to keep the sticks int heir own boxes. There is something about reaching in and selecting a box of cigars, so I went to coolidors. 180 quart colemans. After the third cooledor we built a cabinet. Started with a custom TV armoire. Sucker was huge meant for the old full size giant Tv's. Sealed it. It is lined with cedar using the floating method. Bought a accumonitor active system. Holds many, many boxes. Set it and forget it.
You ever do a thread on that, Chuck? Would love to see how you did that or how hard it was.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeah man pics. Even if you have a thread recent current use showing pics would be helpful. Build threads would/should be separate but still definitely useful

Last edited: