What's new

Which cigar didn't live up to your expectations in 2015?

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
L'Atelier La Mission
Illusione ECCJ 20th
Senorial Maduro Natural Longsdale Refinado
Warped La Hacienda Superiores
E.P. Carrillo La Historia Regalias d ’ Celia
Padron Serie 1926 No.1 Natural
Tatuaje TAA 2014
Dissident BLOC
Don Pepin Garcia 10th Anniversary
Davidoff Winston Churchill Toro
Tatuaje Anarchy 2015
Fuente Fuente Opus X Lost City Double Robusto

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Nothing released in 2015 stands out as a disappointment to me. However, I didn't try every single release from every manufacturer either... Most of the major releases I tried and most of it did not disappoint. I think it goes without saying that some of the 2015 releases took some time before they started hitting their mark. Although, this can be with any release any year. As with some of the sentiments of some who've shared already, a lot of the 2015 releases smoked great for me. I am hopeful we have another great year of releases, excited to see what happens... (y)

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't agree more here. I was kicking myself for not buying a box but after I had a couple I was glad I missed out. This was by far my biggest letdown of 2015. I also read rave reviews for the leaf by Oscar. I thought that they were aweful as well.
Tatuaje 2015 TAA was an amazing smoke in my opinion one of the best I had last year, also given the fact I had not tried the previous years, I luckily landed a box before it sold out everywhere in Houston.

Sobremesa did not quench my hunger, I felt it was missing a lot in the blend.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Las Mareas. I gave it 6 tries. Sopping wet even with a 2 day dry box. Smoked like shit, tasted like wet tobacco.

Surprised they released them like this.... or maybe my BM got bunk boxes? Who knows. Too many other cigars out there to keep takin chances on these?

It's not their humidor either. Every other smoke out of that shop is perfection RH wise.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Tatuaje TAA 2015 ... They are the worst tatuaje I've ever had. I had high hopes of them being great upon release. But they are straight garbage ... At the moment.
In all honesty, I thought they were ok. I had high hopes they'd taste like the 11's. They didn't. IMO of course. I'll wait and see what some age does to them before I part with mine. Seems a lot of folks are dumping them off quickly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I unfortunately didn't enjoy these smokes after multiple attempts, and were let downs for me (cigars released in 2015)
Sobremesa was... okay.. (tried all sizes)
AJF New world conni (bitter bitter bitter)
AJF enclave
balmoral anejo xo (hay and urine anyone?)
blood medicine
cream machine
Davidoff escuro
Warped don Reynaldo (/shiver)
My father LE 2015 5th anni
Room 101 johnny tobaconaut
Tatuaje hyde

source:
http://halfwheel.com/2015-new-cigars
I'd be happy to buy any tobacconauts or Don reynaldos off your hands....

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
In all honesty, I thought they were ok. I had high hopes they'd taste like the 11's. They didn't. IMO of course. I'll wait and see what some age does to them before I part with mine. Seems a lot of folks are dumping them off quickly.

It would be impossible to get the same flavor unless they used the exact same tobacco from that time bro :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a couple Cuban Crafters Medina Series after reading abundant of good reviews as a "bargain stick" since they are about a 30min drive away. Was disappointed, no flavor, quick burn...bordering on a waste of time.

SoberSmokes

Lets Go Rangers!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The 2 biggest let downs for me was the much hyped Sobremessa. It was just disgusting. Tasted like mud. And #2 was the Angels Anvil 2015 was like smoking a macanudo from the deli, before I knew what cigars where

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Camacho Shellbacks were a disappointment compared to the hype it was getting from Camacho

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Las Mareas. I gave it 6 tries. Sopping wet even with a 2 day dry box. Smoked like shit, tasted like wet tobacco.

Surprised they released them like this.... or maybe my BM got bunk boxes? Who knows. Too many other cigars out there to keep takin chances on these?

It's not their humidor either. Every other smoke out of that shop is perfection RH wise.
Tried my first one Friday & it didn't do anything for me. I've got a couple more to try,maybe I got a bad stick. Was just nothing there!

Rating - 100%
146   0   0

Same here, mine just wouldn't burn and when it did was wonky. Way too wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may be in the minority here but I was not impressed with the Las Calaveras 2015. I had a few and they had horrible draws and not much flavor. Maybe I just had some badly rolled ones? I'm letting two rest and I'll judge them soon. I never had the LC2014, but if the La Imperiosa is a close copy of it I love the '14.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I hate to say Dunbarton Sobramesa or whatever its called. Nice, but kinda one note, hard to pick out flavors. And I like subtle nokick sticks. Smoking El Cedro right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk