What's new

Which do you prefer Arturo Fuente or Tatuaje?

Which do you prefer Arturo Fuente vs Tatuaje?

• Arturo Fuente

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • Tatuaje

Votes: 79 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fuente for me. I have to agree with Mu Mike. It has just as much to do with smoking experience or when you began smoking with where you fall on this vote I believe. When I started smoking Fuente was king and 858 maduro was one of my favorites. Then I moved up to the Hemi sigs. Another great cigar and they soon began making it in maduro also. Finally I found some Opus and Anejo. Something I always have to have around. Don't get me wrong I also love Tats. Pete makes some great smokes. The first cigar I smoked that I can remember was an 858 maddie. One of my fondest cigar memories. Sitting on a dock on the lake, fired the 858 up and I was sold. That is when I became a cigar smoker. If you really want to laugh I paid $1.25 for the cigar. Thats how long I have been smoking.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Not a fair comparison. Fuente makes so many more cigars than Tatuaje, and not to mention all of the cigars Fuente rolls for other companies (like Ashton). Most Tatuajes have a similar taste profile, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because I really like that flavor, but Fuente's spectrum is much larger and it's not even debatable (nor is that meant to slight Tatuaje).

I actually think Pepin rolls more for Ashton then Fuente does...

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I fell in love with the tat 7th reserve the other week it was a great cigar, but last night i smoked a hemingway signature maduro which was also a great cigar. So they are both good brands with so much diversity how can you choose one over the other. Its like apples and oranges.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I like both brands, but Tatuaje won out. This wasn't difficult for me because Tatuaje doesn't make a cigar I don't like. From Ambos Mundos to El Triunfador, I've at least liked them all.

As for Fuente, I found the Opus X cigars to be garbage. Garbage! For some reason I'll spend the $14 on one of them once in awhile to see if I'm "missing something that others see," and each time I think, "Nope. These suck."

For me, a more difficult question would've been LFD vs Tatuaje. Or Tatuaje vs Drew Estate...

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I actually think Pepin rolls more for Ashton then Fuente does...
DPG rolls more lines for Ashton but the Ashton Classics nat and maduro, cabinet, heritage, and VSGs are all Fuente. I think the volume of their main lines overshadows DPGs production for them.

I'm partial to Tats but will enjoy Fuentes from time to time.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Dominican Tobacco is pretty lame IMHO. Tastes like flowers and silliness.

Long live Tatuaje and Nicaragua.
OK before you say that try a lot of cigars that are Puors or mostly Dom.

LDF
OPUS(I know some of the recent years are not the best)
Lito Gomez Small Batch
La Aurora 100 Anos
Anejo
and one of my go to smokes is AF King B

These are some of my Favorites and I do love Tats a lot...

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I voted Tatuaje.

Don't really want to get into the cigar snobbery conversation between brands and regions. I will smoke a good cigar regardless of where it is produced.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I enjoy most Tats, but I have to go with Fuente. They have so much more to offer. You could go nuts in the humidor at Casa Fuente trying to decide which great cigar to smoke.