What's new

Why do people spend so much time arguing about CC's

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’ve always used wine as the point of reference when explaining cigars to people. Different soils, climates, and growing processes, along with aging and variations between yearly batches make huge differences in profiles, whether it be CC or NC.

It’s certainly different strokes for different folks, but there is, without a doubt, something about ISOM smokes that make them stand out from the crowd in terms of profiles.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Might as well debate Coke or Pepsi. Cigars, steaks etc, is subjective at best...I know people who hate Opus and Cohiba Espys...that's just insanity but they'll still try to convince others it's true. Might as well try and convince me that if I can flap my arms fast enough that I could fly.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The conversation about CC's is always very interesting, when the other party is a hired gun salesperson for the Non CC Cigar Companies.

The truth be know it is all about selling product, one recently switched brand. Big surprise as I thought the guy was happy, now he is with another mfg, tell people the old brand is s**t who pay him a good salery & benefits for many years.

I would have used the word better opportunity with different mfg.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Might as well debate Coke or Pepsi. Cigars, steaks etc, is subjective at best...I know people who hate Opus and Cohiba Espys...that's just insanity but they'll still try to convince others it's true. Might as well try and convince me that if I can flap my arms fast enough that I could fly.
Everyone knowns pepsi is an inferior product which coats the teeth with an awful film, as if you've been sucking on lemons.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well if you search U-Tube under Padron Cigars, there is like a 30 minute video featuring Jose Padron, Sr., who recently died, about his start in Cigar in the USA,, and his views on Cuban Tabacco. The video is via interpreter as apprently Mr. Paron's command of English was not great.

If I recall the interviewer asking Mr. Padrom if trade opened up with Cuba what would he do? He replied buy some land in Cuba, grow Cuban Tabacco.

Create two new Padron blends, one all Cuban, one Cuban/Nicagraian Blend.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well if you search U-Tube under Padron Cigars, there is like a 30 minute video featuring Jose Padron, Sr., who recently died, about his start in Cigar in the USA,, and his views on Cuban Tabacco. The video is via interpreter as apprently Mr. Paron's command of English was not great.

If I recall the interviewer asking Mr. Padrom if trade opened up with Cuba what would he do? He replied buy some land in Cuba, grow Cuban Tabacco.

Create two new Padron blends, one all Cuban, one Cuban/Nicagraian Blend.
I believe this is the future of Cuban tobacco anyway. When trade with the US opens there will be more demand then there is land in Cuba on which to grow tobacco, and we will end up seeing even most Cuban brands become blends of Cuban and non Cuban tobacco. Cuba will gain the superior rollers of the south American tobacco growers, and probably primarily grow tobacco rather then make finished cigars, and the south American brands will gain Cuban tobacco.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I believe this is the future of Cuban tobacco anyway. When trade with the US opens there will be more demand then there is land in Cuba on which to grow tobacco, and we will end up seeing even most Cuban brands become blends of Cuban and non Cuban tobacco. Cuba will gain the superior rollers of the south American tobacco growers, and probably primarily grow tobacco rather then make finished cigars, and the south American brands will gain Cuban tobacco.

Opening trade fair & equally would be good for both countries economies. I am sure many car collectors would be on their way to Cuba to buy some wheels.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
First of all, God willing, the embargo will never fall. Second of all, the worldwide demand is for Cuban tobacco, not for Cuban/Domincan/Honduran/Nicaraguan hybrids. Sure the average US consumer might not mind, but in Europe or Asia...no way in hell. Plus, Habanos just had one of their best years ever in 2017, why would they want to risk ruining a good thing by exporting any precious Vuelta Abajo tobacco? Habanos is doing just fine as is.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I am sure many car collectors would be on their way to Cuba to buy some wheels.
Those very people will be the first to raid the island and take advantage of all these people in need. They will pay pennies on the dollar to families who just want to make a quick buck to survive. I hope that day doesn't come.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
First of all, God willing, the embargo will never fall. Second of all, the worldwide demand is for Cuban tobacco, not for Cuban/Domincan/Honduran/Nicaraguan hybrids. Sure the average US consumer might not mind, but in Europe or Asia...no way in hell. Plus, Habanos just had one of their best years ever in 2017, why would they want to risk ruining a good thing by exporting any precious Vuelta Abajo tobacco? Habanos is doing just fine as is.
Not a chance.... even if trade does become legal... your not going to see your local B&M selling habanos or ordering from a bunch of online retailers.

They are positioned as a luxury brand with limited retailers. The Swiss shops exist for a reason. Legit habanos retailers (authorized I mean) have a price list they sell at and that’s it. Your going to be looking at $600 boxes of COROs best case scenario.

Rolex recently brought the Tudor brand line back to the USA. I don’t see Rolex building new factories to meet US demand. Think of the cities that have a full service Davidoff store, your probably looking at less for an LCDH.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" Legit habanos retailers (authorized I mean) have a price list they sell at and that’s it."
Not true, difference in online vendors is 20% or more on some items.
" You're going to be looking at $600 boxes of COROs best case scenario. "
$520.00 TODAY at one vendor I found. 600.00 will not be long coming even online.
Canadian and British prices are way over that now.
You need a better resource for pricing.

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
" Legit habanos retailers (authorized I mean) have a price list they sell at and that’s it.
Not true, difference in online vendors is 20% or more on some items.
" You're going to be looking at $600 boxes of COROs best case scenario. "
$520.00 TODAY at one vendor I found. 600.00 will not be long coming even online.
Canadian and British prices are way over that now.
You need a better resource for pricing.
Some of the suppliers who charge a lot for coros will at least show you the box quality for the specific box you’re buying.

Yes you can pay less some places but they won’t let you look at the quality of the box first. You’re buying blind and to some that’s a gamble