What's new

Wine Cooler 101

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys Ive noticed a lot of you are using the Ranco ETC.....where did you guys get them from? i live in Canada and i'm having a hard time trying to find one here aside from ordering one on ebay!!!

so where in the states are they avail!?!?!?

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone rigged any computer fans in their winador lately? If so, what timer are you guys going with? The one Twenty5 suggested has been discontinued for some time now. All the newer timers seem to be a once a day on and off type of thing. And the ones that have multiple settings option seem to have tons of 1 star reviews due to reliability issues. Thoughts or suggestions?

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone rigged any computer fans in their winador lately? If so, what timer are you guys going with? The one Twenty5 suggested has been discontinued for some time now. All the newer timers seem to be a once a day on and off type of thing. And the ones that have multiple settings option seem to have tons of 1 star reviews due to reliability issues. Thoughts or suggestions?

Man, I read this whole thread today too. And I was wondering the same exact thing. Anyone?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Does anybody have tips on making the "new motor" smell go away? I cleaned the inside and the plastic smell went away, but when I turn it on - the fan keeps pumping in that new motor smell. Just let it run for a while without my sticks in there, and the door open?

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sucks about the timer, I will let you guys know if I find anything similar to the one I have.

As for the smell, I would just open the door and run it for a while. I assume that will make the smell disappear. The only thing you could be smelling is plastic from fans and wires warming up I would think. Unless the peltier unit has some kind of smell to it..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stuffed mine slap full of newspaper for a day, with it off, the. Left the door open for a day... Seemed fine after that. I have been wondering the same thing on the fan timer would love to add a couple fans to mine!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wine enthusiast 28 botte will be in tomorrow..can't wait. I ordered zebra wood drawers from forest those should beva few more weeks..just wanted to know if anyone has any experiences with the wine enthusiast 28.. Are they any good???

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wine enthusiast 28 botte will be in tomorrow..can't wait. I ordered zebra wood drawers from forest those should beva few more weeks..just wanted to know if anyone has any experiences with the wine enthusiast 28.. Are they any good???
looks like a nicer version of the Edgestar. Real stainless(or at least metal face and handle) as opposed to stainless looking plastic. I also dig the digital gauge and controls on the outside. The lock is kinda cool too. Good luck with it, looks cool.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished mine and thought I was going to have that problem. What I did was as follows... Day 1. I left the door open indoors. Day 2.Elbow greased the inside with mild dish soap (non scented) left it open. Day 3. Did the dish soap as well as baking soda and water and left it open. Day 4. Put in my cedar trays from cheap humidors.com after spraying them down with distilled water and closed door. Sprayed them down once every day and by the 3rd time doing that i only smelled spanish cedar. Now my box is sitting wonderfully at 67 Rh and 68 Temp. Good luck!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my drawers a nice stack I must say. I'll throw some pictures up later but I was wondering if anyone can give me some good tips on seasoning them??

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Just got my drawers from GolfNut and they look fantastic. I am tossing them into my Vinotemp 28. My Vino has these little plastic shelf stays so that you can pull the wire racks out without them falling completely out. Anyone have tips as to how to remove these so I can get my shelves slid in?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Frigidaire 18 bottle wineador( http://www.lowes.com/pd_326326-47224-LFWC18T6LB_0__?productId=3262665&Ntt=wine+chiller). Bottom is for the wife's wine and top is for my cc's. It is thin but I was wondering where I might be able to get some spanish cedar shelves. I only need two as my boxes are on the bottom of the top part.
I meant to throw some photos the other day day and never got to it but here is what it can look like with the trays from cheaphumidors.com. They can hold about 20 for each tray without it looking too cluttered. This is the route I went to try and save a little money but it works great!