What's new

Wineador Questions HELP

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
With a cooler that big you may end up wanting more than 1/2# of beads. I went with 2# and see it go back to 65% very quickly after opening.

As far as the smell I had luck with hot soapy water and a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Scrub it down and leave the door open for a day or so.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
With a cooler that big you may end up wanting more than 1/2# of beads. I went with 2# and see it go back to 65% very quickly after opening.

As far as the smell I had luck with hot soapy water and a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Scrub it down and leave the door open for a day or so.
I am going with half pound HCM and half pound Heartfelt. Hopefully that will be enough, if not I'll buy more but I think it will work out. I'll give the cleaner a try...what about running it with the door open? I think most of the smell is coming from inside the fan area.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The oust fans don't put out that much movement. One thing you can do is cut off the face that covers the fan, but really, it's not going to move that much air no matter what you do.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So are they useless or will try move the air enough for what is needed?
Oust fans are fine. I just use a small CFM 80mm case fan that runs for like 10 minutes twice a day and my RH is pretty consistent top to bottom of my 28 bottle. I think what's more imortant is that the beads or whatever humidity regulating element you use are distributed around your cooler.

I think the purpose of the fans are just to disturb the air just enough to keep the air from getting stagnant. If you are on your cooler every day or so I wouldn't worry about it too much ;)

Regards,
Randy

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Update! My drawers are here! Thanks again Forrest! They look amazing!!! I just put them in and they are seasoning. A few more weeks and I'll start fillin it up!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310498929.783653.jpg

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I use a cork from my local hardware store to plug the drain - they have different sizes, buy a couple sizes and you have it solved - I don't use an internal fan and have had no problem - I open mine 2 or 3 times a week - that provides enough circulation - note I'm in SoCal along the coast - only turn it on when internal temp above 70 - you'll have a ton of fun - enjoy -

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks! Too many hygros? Lol
Haha exactly what I said yesterday ... I don't think u can have too many though , better safe than sorry. Jowee77 is a fellow co worker of mine and I appreciate all of the help in his build bc I'm probably going to follow his build with one of my own here in the near future. Looking good man and thanks for all the info guys!

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Update! My drawers are here! Thanks again Forrest! They look amazing!!! I just put them in and they are seasoning. A few more weeks and I'll start fillin it up!View attachment 12184
I have the same fridge. Let me know if you have any issues with the humidity from top to bottom and if you find a way to fix it. My humidity up top is 74% and my humidity on the bottom stays around 64%. :(

I'm working on getting some fans per twenty5's advice in the wineador thread.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
At what point is my wineador seasoned? I have sponges in there that have been pumping out humidity for a week or so. Any feedback would be great! Thanks brothers!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm no expert, but I loaded up my Wineador once the humidity and temperatures were all settled. It took mine about a week with just the drawers & humidification in it. I loaded it up with cigars and kept a close eye on it for the next week to make sure there were no other issues and called it "seasoned".