What's new

worst cigar of 2012

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I may get crucified for this but the regular production La Aroma de Cuba Reservas were awful. I am not sure it is one of the worst, but after hearing all of the hype from the show on how great this was last year I was super disappointed. They were so one dimensional and the price point is outrageous.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
For me it is really easy...

I had huge expectations for this cigar.

It was a LE store release and assumed to go fast.

Bought a box ASAP before reviews or trying one.

And the cigar is....Arturo Fuente Solaris.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really not a fan of threads like this. Guys are putting their hearts, souls and wallets into producing a cigar and for us to bash it to smitherens isn't cool. I smoked alot of cigars in 2012 I would never smoke again. Funny thing is most are cigars others are head over heels for, i.e. Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Like they say one man's trash is another's treasure.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Captrips,

I appreciate the sentiment, but it just isn't the reality - people are going to be critical of what they do and do not like, it is part of being a consumer. And as a maker, I take it mostly in stride. I understand not everyone is going to like everything or possible anything we make. The only time threads like this piss me off is when people get personal or start questioning your ethics, i.e. "those scumbags at Drew Estate make only shit product and the only this that is marginally smokable like Liga Privada they intentionally undermake so they can gouge us... and Saka is ugly!"

Ok, the Saka is ugly part is true... <snicker>

BR,

STS

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Captrips,

I appreciate the sentiment, but it just isn't the reality - people are going to be critical of what they do and do not like, it is part of being a consumer. And as a maker, I take it mostly in stride. I understand not everyone is going to like everything or possible anything we make. The only time threads like this piss me off is when people get personal or start questioning your ethics, i.e. "those scumbags at Drew Estate make only shit product and the only this that is marginally smokable like Liga Privada they intentionally undermake so they can gouge us... and Saka is ugly!"
Ok, the Saka is ugly part is true... <snicker>
Steve, as someone who used to be highly crictical of DE and some other brands, I'm taking a new approach. My philosophy now is love it, like it, hate it, but smoke it if you got it. I had the pleasure of speaking to JD at length at an event about some comments I had made that he didn't agree with. After about a half hour I saw the light. As a serious cigar smoker I believe I have the ability to critique a cigar without slashing it to pieces or be a jerk. As far as ugly? Look at my picture. You tell me if I have the right to call anyone ugly.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For me it turned out to actually be a cigar that wasn't the worst in terms of flavor or taste. Turned out to be the worst for me because the first cigar of the box (Cuban H. Upmann limited edition) had an unbearably tight draw to the point I felt like I was going to pass out while smoking it. Unfortunately, after butchering the cigar to try to make it smokable I tried another one from the box and had the same problem. Refusing to admit defeat I tried another 3 and all had the same damn problem. Really pissed me off, I have no clue what to do with them but they are sitting in the bottom of my humidor with hope that some age will loosen them up.

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
I may get crucified for this but the regular production La Aroma de Cuba Reservas were awful. I am not sure it is one of the worst, but after hearing all of the hype from the show on how great this was last year I was super disappointed. They were so one dimensional and the price point is outrageous.
I thought something was wrong with my taste buds! I thought this cigar was terrible as well, to me. Sure it was strong,but it had no flavor. I even tried it 3 times to be sure. I'm not really one for magazine ratings but this one was way off the mark in my opinion. People must like it though it sells.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My most disappointing cigar was a FFP. Was gifted it at a herf at it was incredibly wet, wouldn't burn, and was bitter and nasty.
Comments like this are what bother me about these type of threads. If you know it was the condition of the cigar and not necessarily the cigar itself that caused it to be a bad smoke, how can you list it as a bad cigar?
I've had plenty of great cigars that smoked poorly due to conditions, but I wouldn't list them on a "worst cigar" list. Imo that should be reserved for a cigar that is consistently bad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
It all started way back when MU Mike tossed a DAGA after a few puffs then proceeded toss another HTF in the same fashion.

Some more background MU'd

DAGA was a huge let down compared to the AF13. Can't believe they are the same but pics don't lie. These were a lot of coin for an okay smoke.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I won a box of the Gurkha Evil's from the Cigar Station. I gave away about 10 of them, and smoked the rest.

They weren't horrible, but not something I would go out and try to find. Since I won them for free, I figured I oughta smoke them anyway....

For me the muwat just didn't do it. That being said I fell in love with the baitfish, go figure. Probably the size that really didn't do it for me, maybe not so much the blend.

The absolute worst though has got to be .....Gurkha evil. First one I really liked for some reason, second and third were pure rubbish.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily worst cigar of 2012, but certainly worst cigar smoking experience of 2012. I purchased a five pack of Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 Churchill's as I was trying to recall a smoking experience I had back in '92 with the same brand. I was green and ill-informed on smoking when I lit it up. Empty stomach, not much to drink, and smoked it in a relatively enclosed environment. Not gonna burden you with the details, but I didn't smoke another cigar for at least a week afterwards. I can still feel myself spinning and wanting to hurl! I have smoked two more since and loved them, so the experience has been erased from my memory (or has it?)!

That said, I did have a La Gloria Cubana Series G that canoed on me wicked. Taste wasn't bad, but the effort was. Similar experience with a LAT56 that I had to constantly relight.

Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
The worst cigar of 2012 for me is most definitely all the LE cigars I missed out on this Yr. lol I hate them and love them at the same time is that possible.