What's new

worst cigar of 2012

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Different strokes I guess.....I would rate 3 of the Lil Monsters as my worst 3 cigars of 2012.
Tom, The Little Boris wasn't part of that series. They are excellent smokes.

I didn't like the l'il monsters either, fwiw
My bad....what was it, Frank, Face, Drac, Mummy, Wolfie? Got it. I take back the Lil Boris critique, I have not had one. Thank you for helping me pull my foot outta my mouth! :widemouth

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread makes me feel much better about occasionally not liking expensive cigars. My most disappointing cigar was a FFP. Was gifted it at a herf at it was incredibly wet, wouldn't burn, and was bitter and nasty. Have another resting at the moment and it will definitely get dry boxed before I revisit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have smoked prototypes, but that is unfair since it is meant to weed out bad smokes, and not available to customers.

So, with that I would say The La Gloria Cubana Serie N (which pisses me off since I loved the Serie R). The thing plugged up, tasted terrible after the first inch, and in the end was like smoking an ashtray. A runner up would be the Cain Daytona 6X60. The thinner vitolas are better, but it is just a bland cigar.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I didn't have any this year that were so bad that I would remember them...I had several "meh" smokes, but as they were neither good nor bad, I dont really remember what they were.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This may be because I just smoked it and it's fresh on the palate, but the Fuente King T Rosado. Bleh. Yuk. Sour and dry.

What makes it worse is that for 4 dollars less you can get (if they're still available) an 858 Sun Grown which is a phenomenal smoke.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For me, it was the AB Prensado. Incredibly over-hyped IMO, though I admit smoking only one. After that one and a Family Blend I'm not sure I'll be looking at the AB portfolio anymore. I had probably 4 relights with the Prensado, and I couldn't choke back half the stick before I just gave up. There was a flavor I still can't place that makes me want to cringe thinking about it.

I think this is a great thread though, as I've seen several of my favorites this year posted. I can't help but wonder how much of it is related to variations in production/care or differences in individual palate.
On the prensado, I was not a fan because of the burn issues originally. But after the price fell back down I bought a box of these and sat on them (the churchill for about 6$ per stick). Now I think they are great. Go figure.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find this thread interesting... first off, I can not tell you my worsts because it would be inappropriate for me to post such a list - maybe someday when I am a "civilian" again I can return to my bitter, uber-critical ways. <snicker>

That being said, many of the cigars listed as the "worst" seem to me more the "most disappointing"... Case in point I really can't agree that smokes like La Duena, Prensado, Ortega Serie D, Inch etc. deserve the "worst" moniker given some of the schlock on the shelves. And given all the back and forth on the "Little Monsters", I sheepishly gotta admit I never got a box, I dunno why, just was busy and then they were sold out, whatever... anyhow all the discussion about these being great vs. not so great has me wondering for myself.

BR,

STS

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I find this thread interesting... first off, I can not tell you my worsts because it would be inappropriate for me to post such a list - maybe someday when I am a "civilian" again I can return to my bitter, uber-critical ways. <snicker>

That being said, many of the cigars listed as the "worst" seem to me more the "most disappointing"... Case in point I really can't agree that smokes like La Duena, Prensado, Ortega Serie D, Inch etc. deserve the "worst" moniker given some of the schlock on the shelves. And given all the back and forth on the "Little Monsters", I sheepishly gotta admit I never got a box, I dunno why, just was busy and then they were sold out, whatever... anyhow all the discussion about these being great vs. not so great has me wondering for myself.

BR,

STS
Steve I smell a trade... Send me your info lol :) :) :)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
more of a discussion opener. and a lot of it IS dissapointment, like "aww, this wasn't what i had hoped for". i only had like two or three unsmokables this year. class points for staying above the discussion, though, brother. i just like seeing the dissenting viewpoints.

oh, and PM me an addy if you want a box of mini-mon's. o)

EDIT: damn ninjas! o(