What's new

worst cigar of 2012

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Along with my previous nomination of Tres Reynas, I will also now add Trinidad Paradox. Incredible burn and long ash but that helps none when it's a turd.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I was kind of surprised by how disappointed I was by the CyB sizes, Lonsdale and Corona were solid cigars but the other 3 sizes I couldn't even finish.
I think this is a case of glass-half-empty/glass-half-full. For me, given the trend towards crazy huge cigar sizes, I was over the moon that of the first five CyB sizes, two were classic, smokeable vitolas.

By contrast, Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, one of the best NC producers out there, released an entire line of 60+ RG smokes this year, and does not make a single lancero. It could be much worse!

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
By contrast, Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, one of the best NC producers out there, released an entire line of 60+ RG smokes this year, and does not make a single lancero. It could be much worse!
I agree with the EPC Inch - I was gifted a few, smoked them all and didn't like the size at all. Another stick that I smoked at an event was a RP Fifteenth Anniversary. I didn't like it and put it down an inch into it. I was waiting for a flight at a cigar shop that was having a RP event so I smoked it to be polite. I went outside and threw it out.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
For me the biggest disappointment was the Tat Avion, which unfortunately helped seal my decision to not explore the Little Monsters. Maybe it's me but the Anarchy was so good everything I've tried since has fallen short.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I love these threads every year. One year I kept track of listed 200+ cigars that were noted as "worst cigar". For me there are too many variables. For example: MUWAT. Smoked my first one and was not impressed so I dumped them in the back of the humidor. Smoked the next one months later. Hmmmm not bad. Another example: RASS. Smoked one right out the the box that was fresh as can be and floated to heaven. Three months later, same box and man they were awful. Three years later. Yummmm. I have had very few cigars that were absolute turds. I can't think of any this year.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
love this thread! some real crap here, and also a few i listed in my favorites (la duena and minimonsters most notably)!

do have another i have to add, after remembering a night out with a friend. a local was doing a smoker with the new espinosa cigars. smoked his eponymous blend, it was meh. then moved on to his la zona CT, ditched a half inch in. tried the la zona habano, ditched after an inch. (mind, churchill size). my dude was aghast, having never seen me do this. i just said, "sometimes you get simon, sometimes you get garfunkle. i got garfunkled".

mind you, i wish them luck, and we have already proven opinions here vary VASTLY. just me here. o)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Not a good experience with Thunder by Nimish Desai (a cousin of Rocky Patel). I remember it starting off swell, but it got really bitter in the last third. The only new cigar this year I couldn't make myself nub.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
RASS... Not awful but not good either. Nowhere close to my expectations.
I'll Third that. As Far as the RASS don't be surprised if this happens alot with CC's. I personally think todays NC market has alot more to offer...atleast in the NON-LE stuff.

Well I tried as a favor to a friend who is a rep the CLE. Ugh would have rather eaten Jdogs icecream that fell on the airport ground on the way to Nica!

View attachment 27313
Haven't had that cigar but haven't heard of alot of good about it. I really just wanted to say thanks for the laugh!!

For me the biggest disappointment was the Tat Avion, which unfortunately helped seal my decision to not explore the Little Monsters. Maybe it's me but the Anarchy was so good everything I've tried since has fallen short.
I agree...this years Avion was bad for me but I'm not a fan of that blend to begin with.

Only cigar I can remember that didn't make it past the 1st inch was the Ortega Series D Maduro.
Yep...same here.