What's new

Your biggest cigar-related regret?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Mine was buy a bunch of gurkhas.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Lol what's everyone s disdain for ghurkas stem from. I'm not their biggest fan I may have had 2 or 3 of em but I didn't HATE em lol what gives

Lots of hate for the ghurka around here thats for sure....

I bought a bunch of them back in the day... and didnt think they were all that bad back then (until I woke up and realized there was a lot of better stuff out there at a similar price point).. they certainly play some marketing games that I think turns a lot of people off ("come get your $10 MSRP stick.. now discounted 85%... for just $1.50 each!" type stuff...)... but as long as youre not paying full MSRP for them (I havent found a ghurka yet that is a true $8-$12 stick).. I dont see the beef...

I actually like the Ghurka Castle Hall ok.. and can normally pick up robustos and churchills for about $1.25 a stick on c-bid...

Other than the castle hall, I havent bought a ghurka in a long time.. but I occasionally get bombed with a few.. never bothers me... they make a fine yard gar IMHO...

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I've heard the Ghost and Cellar Reserve are actually pretty good. I haven't tried for my self yet, but I probably will.

Cheers :ccool:

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Those are actually the only two I like so you are spot on. At least with my opinion. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
When I 1st started smoking cigars I made a big mistake of joining Thompson
Cigars . Think I was spamed for years ...enough said !

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I've heard the Ghost and Cellar Reserve are actually pretty good. I haven't tried for my self yet, but I probably will.

Cheers :ccool:
I've had a ghost with brazillian apriciapa wrapper or however you spell it. It was good but I'm excited for the new CH cigar with that wrapper now.