Journey
Black Sabbath (with Dio)
Molly Hatchet
The Babys

Ishtar

Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WInter 2000... 16th Birthday... P.O.D., Project 86, Linkin Park & Head PE @ Odeon in Cleveland. In my mind I can still smell the black & mild in the air & see the fat bitch wearing assless jeans...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My first concert was System of A Down (Mars Volta opened for them). I took my sister and we were second row, Floor! It was awesome except we had to bail and go to the back because the moshing was super crazy. I also got punched in the right boob by a random weirdo (I made sure to return fire). . . . . and to top it all off we smelled like everyone's bad BO and armpit by the end of it :disappoin Good times tho.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
My first concert when I was a kid in the 90s, I remember my dad took me to see Boston. My life was never the same. After I heard Brad Delp sing live, and belt out those high notes, I became a fan for life! RIP Brad!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Grateful Dead - May of 1978 at the Onondaga War Memorial Auditorium, Syracuse, NY - Funny thing is I remember it so well and yet I can't recall yesterdays breakfast...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jimmy eat world, tenacious d, weezer in that order. Baltimore arena probably 2001. That was a great birthday present and a highly entertaining (tenacious d) show.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Mine was Boston....a couple of months after they released their second album in 1978.

A friend from work got the tickets and we drove to Minneapolis in another friend's 1972 Camaro. We stopped along the way for beverages and even though I was the youngest of the group (16) I looked the oldest and had a fake ID so they sent me in to make the purchase. The guy at the counter asked my birthdate and I told him the one that was on my ID. He never did ask to see the ID. I had to make 2 trips to the car because I had bought so much.

We immediately started drinking and continued to pass the bowl so that by the time we got to Minneapolis we were pretty impaired and got hopelessly lost in a questionable part of town while trying to find our hotel. Since this was way before GPS and cell phones we had to pull over and ask directions. We had also been hitting the beer pretty heavily so we also needed to find a place to pee. I still marvel at the kindness of that sweet elderly African American woman who gave 4 drunk white teenagers directions and then let us use her bathroom.

From what I can remember of the concert it was great! I can still remember being amazed at the smell of the "sweet leaf" that hit me when I walked into the venue. What? They're letting people smoke up in here? No one's getting kicked out? The other thing that was kind of interesting was that no one was really sure who the warm up band was going to be because it was not listed on the tickets. Speculation was running high that it was going to be this new band named "Van Halen" that was supposed to be awesome. In the end it ended up being this guy named Sammy Hagar that I had never heard of before. Of course this didn't mean anything at the time but became pretty coincidental / ironic a few years later.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 16, 1975
Capitol Theatre
Port Chester NY

Rush warm up for Blue Oyster Cult

I remember this like it was yesterday. My friend and I were dropped at the theatre by our parents and picked up when it was over. It was a fairly small converted movie theatre and all seating was general admission. We got in and proceeded to venture towards the front of the theatre. We stopped about 3 rows from the stage on the right side and spent the next 3-4 hours having our ears assaulted be the loudest music we ever heard! I recall leaving the concert and having to call my parents for a ride; this was very difficult since we could not hear anything but the ringing in our ears!! I asked to be picked up and never heard a response so we juist waited and my dad actually did show up!! We were not deterred after that and followed up with a Ted Nugent concert!! Now THAT was loud!!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
1976, Huntington W. VA., Kiss, on the Destroyer Tour. And the warm up act for that concert? Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, that was couple years before Seger broke out of the midwest and hit it big nationwide. I was a huge Kiss fan when I was a kid. Even had the Kiss logo painted on the wall behind my drum kit. I have let's say, moved on musically since then, but man did they put on a hell of a show.