What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAMN YOU!!! I have been eyeballing those pipes and love the look. After hearing how it smokes it seems like I HAVE to have one now. Jerk!! Lol. As soon as my spending freeze is lifted I will be tracking one down. Thank you for the review!!
I feel... well, I feel as though I have truly made it on BOTL! I have "begun" to enable...

Well, I succumbed to it, mine is a smooth and should be here first of the week, along with some dunhill..... Thanks a lot, there goes my no purchase vow:banghead:
And "have" enabled lol! Woot! I am a brother :).

But seriously, so long as you walk into it knowing how small it is, I feel you will be pleasantly surprised. I doubt it'll be long before I sucumb to the DE Churchill version.

I can't wait to hear how you get on with it Griz! I'll be interested to know how it's packaged too. If you don't like it, all I ask is you give Brewin or I first dibs on it lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're among family, Griz.
Damn ... great response

Yeah, I know, but dang it, I was trying to cut back on spending.... But it's such I nice looking pipe:)
If it makes you feel any better ... I am trying to cut back as well. Seriously. That said Griz, I don't know if things will change in the future or not, but this particular model isn't easy to find. If you come to like it as I do - you'll be glad you got it while you could.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
So I signed up for the newbie pipe trade thread a few weeks ago, and was graciously sponsored by @Whtwtrman79. I received my end last week, and broke in the cob that evening with a bowl of Cool Hand Fluke that was in the package as well. Like everything else as of late, I was bitten by the bug so to speak. I've been lurking the pipe threads for quite awhile and taking some notes of baccy recommendations that you all have been giving. Well last Friday, I placed my first order and it arrived today. Now to build a little collection of pipes to have enough for rotational purposes. I have a lot to learn and a long ways to go, but wanted to thank all you bad influences for throwing me off the cliff :D Hopefully my rookie purchase is good to me as I travel down this path of discovery! Thankfully my smoking budget between cigars and piping has been completely shot for months to come, so I can now sit back and enjoy the small collection of baccy that I have on hand.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430351123.588681.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430351135.107649.jpg

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yup - smokingpipes. That's the box the pipe came in. Seemed odd that it didn't come in a Tsuge box?

Update - so I just took the pipe out for it's inaugural smoke. Packed the cavern below the bowl to filter, and loaded the bowl. Being it's so small, loading the bowl and packing it with my thumb was a bit of a challenge. Ok it was impossible lol. I overcame the challenge using my pinky rather than the thumb.

After the initial light, I noted you had to angle the tamper just right to gain entrance to the bowl. Once you figure it out, it isn't a big deal, but I thought I might have to go back into the house to get a tee. This thing is small - and I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't too small. But looking at it in the sunlight, I couldn't believe how attractive it is. I am glad I didn't get the smooth finish.

Settling in, I noted that the tobacco tasted fantastic! The draw was fantastic, and that the pipe is so light, that the clench was hardly noticeable. My love affair with this thing had begun in earnest.

It didn't take long before the pipe began to warm up, so I tamped the tobacco and noted that there wasn't much room left lol. But the tamp worked and the pipe cooled down still giving me the perfect amount of smoke. I began to drift into la-la land.

17 minutes after the initial light, I began to fuss with the last of it. The tobacco still tasted great, but I knew it was coming to an end. It was a great 17 or so minutes. I Love this pipe! I am guessing cubed flake or plugs will give me extra time with it, and I am already looking forward to a bowl of Pease's Gaslight in it. I am for sure taking this thing on my upcoming road trip! What a great little pipe.

When I went back into the house, I disassembled it ran a pipe cleaner through the stem. Hardly a thing to be collected. I took out the tobacco filter and noted that the top had been a little chared. The tobacco was moist - a lot more moist than when it went in. Clearly the system works. Not nearly as well as compared to a 6mm Sav filter though. But well enough.

If you like small pipes ... seek this one out. It's almost "toyish" what with it's ability to take apart and manipulate taste via packing the filter with different tobaccos (yet to be proven by me but this is what I am told). But that's half the fun and anything so well constructed toyish or not, is a pleasure to manipulate.
What's the diameter of the bowl chamber? I won't buy a pipe if it has an inside diameter of at least 0.75" (3/4"). Preferably 0.875" (7/8")...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yup - smokingpipes. That's the box the pipe came in. Seemed odd that it didn't come in a Tsuge box?

Update - so I just took the pipe out for it's inaugural smoke. Packed the cavern below the bowl to filter, and loaded the bowl. Being it's so small, loading the bowl and packing it with my thumb was a bit of a challenge. Ok it was impossible lol. I overcame the challenge using my pinky rather than the thumb.

After the initial light, I noted you had to angle the tamper just right to gain entrance to the bowl. Once you figure it out, it isn't a big deal, but I thought I might have to go back into the house to get a tee. This thing is small - and I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't too small. But looking at it in the sunlight, I couldn't believe how attractive it is. I am glad I didn't get the smooth finish.

Settling in, I noted that the tobacco tasted fantastic! The draw was fantastic, and that the pipe is so light, that the clench was hardly noticeable. My love affair with this thing had begun in earnest.

It didn't take long before the pipe began to warm up, so I tamped the tobacco and noted that there wasn't much room left lol. But the tamp worked and the pipe cooled down still giving me the perfect amount of smoke. I began to drift into la-la land.

17 minutes after the initial light, I began to fuss with the last of it. The tobacco still tasted great, but I knew it was coming to an end. It was a great 17 or so minutes. I Love this pipe! I am guessing cubed flake or plugs will give me extra time with it, and I am already looking forward to a bowl of Pease's Gaslight in it. I am for sure taking this thing on my upcoming road trip! What a great little pipe.

When I went back into the house, I disassembled it ran a pipe cleaner through the stem. Hardly a thing to be collected. I took out the tobacco filter and noted that the top had been a little chared. The tobacco was moist - a lot more moist than when it went in. Clearly the system works. Not nearly as well as compared to a 6mm Sav filter though. But well enough.

If you like small pipes ... seek this one out. It's almost "toyish" what with it's ability to take apart and manipulate taste via packing the filter with different tobaccos (yet to be proven by me but this is what I am told). But that's half the fun and anything so well constructed toyish or not, is a pleasure to manipulate.
Sounds like a pipe for flake tobacco. 17 minutes is way too short.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Normally, I tend to like bigger bowls, but I thought a nice small bowl may be nice for my hopefully future job over lunch break, and then I have to see the post about this pipe...... Dang it, I just couldn't help myself. It was fate:) yeah, just keep telling myself that.
I'm glad one of us picked that up. It's been in my shopping cart since the day they listed it, so now it won't be tempting me anymore! I'll probably still grab one eventually to round out the collection with my DE and RAD pipes...

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm glad one of us picked that up. It's been in my shopping cart since the day they listed it, so now it won't be tempting me anymore! I'll probably still grab one eventually to round out the collection with my DE and RAD pipes...
theres more on there, comon, if I could jump off the no buy wagon, so can you.. oh and they now accept poopal... HA just got easier:)