What's new

2014 BOTL Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Well I honestly don't have the money for it right now but watching this is getting a little ridiculous. I would just let crperkins do it. He has given us a quote and his pipes look beautiful. Hell don't even put the BOTL name on it just get uniform pipes for our group.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well I honestly don't have the money for it right now but watching this is getting a little ridiculous. I would just let crperkins do it. He has given us a quote and his pipes look beautiful. Hell don't even put the BOTL name on it just get uniform pipes for our group.
I second that . .And we could come up with something else to put on it

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Yup. We could just do a "group buy" ourselves I guess!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, the engraved ban can be an option as mentioned earlier. And also, this is a great reason to decide this now. We can get the blessing and then work on a design and then have them made. This will take some time, and in that time, whoever wants one can save up a little bit every week and boom! You have enough for pipe. If you frequent Starbucks, that is a good place to start. Just my opinion

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Gents. Let's not get carried away. Be patient. It is Eric's final decision on the design of the pipe if it is to represent BOTL in anyway. Perhaps if a few people pm a Eric, expressing their concern and desire to have a pipe of the year, that might help facilitate the creation. Personally, I was thinking about having Perkins make me a pipe of my own.

But, there is no need to get frustrated. Between Eric running the board, updating the server, ordering glasses, attending events representing BOTL and real life, this may not be a priority for him. Just give him some time.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
If we could get crperkins to do a beautiful simplistic design and keep it cost effective. I know a lot of the guys like me like the unfinished look. Or we could even see if he could do something modeled after the 320? That seems to be a popular size for a lot of people on here.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0

Rex,
I don't know the official name of this style, but this is one that reminded me of the 320s that I went back and forth on for quite a while.
This is the style I would likely put up for consideration if we ever get to the point of taking polls on design, etc.
(The pipe is a Savinelli Collection 2010 that was selling on cigar.com. This particular coloring was a little different than other sites were offering, and I REALLY liked it, but now it's been sold. Missed my chance. But I have started following more indy pipe makers and see some of this style in my future.)

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Rex,
I don't know the official name of this style, but this is one that reminded me of the 320s that I went back and forth on for quite a while.
This is the style I would likely put up for consideration if we ever get to the point of taking polls on design, etc.
(The pipe is a Savinelli Collection 2010 that was selling on cigar.com. This particular coloring was a little different than other sites were offering, and I REALLY liked it, but now it's been sold. Missed my chance. But I have started following more indy pipe makers and see some of this style in my future.)
Bent tomato or bent author?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0

Rex,
Bent tomato or bent author?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Yup, I've seen similar called "pot", "tomato" or "squashed tomato"
And then of course the 320 is an "author" so I guess that makes sense, too!
A beauty by any name, in my eyes. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.