What's new

2014 BOTL Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Many see "flaws" as character and distinction. I'm one. I've got no problem as long as it smokes well, isn't too boring, and doesn't fall apart on us.
Is anyone driving this train?
Maybe we need a poll with choices of makers who's services are available. Then, once an artisan is chosen we can get a handful of styles and/or concept sketches and do another poll to decide on a design. From there, a one-off order for final approval of the members and any last minute changes (I would be willing to pitch in on this or flat out buy it myself if no one else was willing to help)
And finally then, orders and full production. Sound about right? Any thoughts? James, have you had any feedback from Eric?

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'm still happy to drive the bus, and completely open to doing polls with majority win etc, but I haven't heard back from Eric yet on a few points and I don't want to get people too worked up until that has been settled.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Other possible makers: Tinsky, Hackert, or Mark Balkovec...if the JD guy can't do it. I know Tinsky did the 2013 pipes for the Badger & Blade forum.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Tinsky has done several group pipes. Very good and well established american pipe carver too.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Whatever you do, don't ask Joe Case to make the BOTL pipes. He'll send you a form letter in email every week saying he's working on your pipe, but delivery will likely be in 2020.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Other possible makers: Tinsky, Hackert, or Mark Balkovec...if the JD guy can't do it. I know Tinsky did the 2013 pipes for the Badger & Blade forum.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Tinsky has done several group pipes. Very good and well established american pipe carver too.
I order my kits from him and he is always very responsive and quick. His pipes are very nice as well.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is a great idea. I just read through all the posts and I am in. And like mentioned before, we would probably need some options and vote. I am not picky myself as long as its not too boring/ plain and good quality so we can have it for years.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I wonder if we could buy a pipe in a shape we want then have them all engraved at the same place, like how those savenelis were on sale in a whole bunch of different sizes we pick and order ours then as a group send them somewhere? It might not be a special made custom but if we could get the pipe and engraving done for say 100 to 150 each I think it would appeal to alot of people. I dont know if its posible but anywhere that does laser engravings should be able to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.