What's new

After finishing a cigar do you:

How do you dispose of your smoked cigar?

• Total voters

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
typically let it die peacefully... or drown it in my water, either way it goes out with dignity...

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I usually let them go out peacefully. Today I had a meeting out of town and had the opportunity to take some with me. The first, an aVo was extremely harsh so it didn't last long. It went out the window. The second, an RyJ robusto was pretty good until I stopped for an iced tea. While I was in the gas station I put it in the ashtray and when I came out, it looked like a mini bomb went off inside it. It was down to the last couple of inches so it was no big deal. The third was an SRO (yummy dark oscuro) and I let it go on the highway after almost nubbing it.

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rank_Tyro said:
I have to smoke on the porch, and as it is usually late at night, I crush it out and then dispose of the ash in a steel bucket. It's overkill I think, but my girl friend has a real phobia of fire, and this is the only way to make her feel better about it.
:(
You need a new ashtray. Check out StinkyCigar.com, free shipping through this weekend if you use the promo code "dogwatch".

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SmoothDraw said:
I have to admit, slow/bad drivers (of which we seem to have an abundance in Florida) really tick me off soooooo......
Driving on the toll road the other night and the guy ahead of me has his fingers sticking out the top of his slightly opened window. I can see the red of the cigarette ash just before he flips it loose and it bounces off the hood of my car! Those anger management classes really paid off.:riflefire

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
DWSC_Bob said:
You need a new ashtray. Check out StinkyCigar.com, free shipping through this weekend if you use the promo code "dogwatch".
I have a stinky. Great ashtray. I bring it to the brewery when we herf since their ashtrays are not up to the task.

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ask those of you that 'flick' on roadways and parking lots to reconsider. Although I agree that cigars do decompose well (I leave em all over the garden when outside) they are not pretty to look at along the road way or in a parking lot. Flicking is what cigarette smokers do, not cigar smokers.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Run over them with the lawn mower and then they look like mulched up leaves :rofl: I've done that a couple times

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tear mine apart and watch the leaves go on the lawn..They dry up and maybe I can grow some good leaf:clap:

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
gorob23 said:
I tear mine apart and watch the leaves go on the lawn..They dry up and maybe I can grow some good leaf:clap:
If mine is badly plugged, I will let it go out, then cut off the wrapper and binder, then I check out the filler to see if I can't find what the source of my misery was.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DWSC_Bob said:
I would ask those of you that 'flick' on roadways and parking lots to reconsider. Although I agree that cigars do decompose well (I leave em all over the garden when outside) they are not pretty to look at along the road way or in a parking lot. Flicking is what cigarette smokers do, not cigar smokers.
I agree. I always let them go out in the ashtray.

Draco

Draco
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Here's one more guy who smokes in the garage. I use the those 2 gallon laundry detergent containers once my wife's done w/ them. Throw the butt in the container, cap it. Lack of oxygen makes it go out fast (i think, if i remember my chemistry correctly) and the leftover detergent residue makes a nice butt freshener too.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
let it go out if I'm at an indoor lounge. when smoking outside I drown it in a puddle to reduce any potential fires before kicking it to a patch of grass or leaving it in the gutter where it'll get sucked up by the street sweeper.