What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I went catfishing yesterday morning in a local river below the dam. I caught a 5# largemouth by snagging him in the belly when reeling in to check my bait. I thought it would be a great day for catching but they just weren't biting.
That's why they call it fishing and not catching, brother. Still beats work.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Gearing up to head out to Bartlett Lake tomorrow morning until Saturday. Reports are positive for largemouth and striper and there are some massive flatheads in there I will target with some live and cut bait. Hopefully will have some good pictures to share, but it sure as hell beats work
Good luck, brother! Would love to see a pic of a big ole nasty flathead.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Not a angler but I do have a question about a reel I picked up some time ago in a trade. Looking for a fair price on it. Prob use it for trade bait later on. Looked around and basically all I know is it was made in 76. Any idea what this is worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I myself got skunked, but everyone else caught fish. I love Bartlett Lake though and the view wasn't bad at all. Always a good time getting my boys out of the house and hooking fish like my Grampa and stepdad used to do with me.

My boy was so proud of the little bluegills he caught. We wound up using them for bait but the flatheads weren't where we were

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Not a angler but I do have a question about a reel I picked up some time ago in a trade. Looking for a fair price on it. Prob use it for trade bait later on. Looked around and basically all I know is it was made in 76. Any idea what this is worth?

Looks like an old Abu Garcia. They were a good reel( still are) but I have no idea what it's worth. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Is there anything besides the line lay that's better about the new series than the older ones? I've been fishing with older VS's for years. Everyone complained about the line lay but it never bothered me...
More drag. They also added "clicks" to the drag knob so you can fine tune it a little better than the old VS's. Line lay is improved. And the new series feels a lot smoother than the older models. I picked up the 200, and the 150, and find the 150 suits my needs on my boat. The 200 i got with the intention on being able to use it on the beach or the rocks, but i think i can do just as good with the 150 there as well so I wouldn't mind letting the 200 go.

image.jpeg

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hmmm interesting. I have 150 and a 200. I'm just a surf guy though. I use the 150 most of the year but the 200 when fishing really rocky areas and when I know big fish are around or hucking eels. And I'm a bailless guy myself. Cool real, good luck with the sail brother and tight lines come striper season!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hmmm interesting. I have 150 and a 200. I'm just a surf guy though. I use the 150 most of the year but the 200 when fishing really rocky areas and when I know big fish are around or hucking eels. And I'm a bailless guy myself. Cool real, good luck with the sail brother and tight lines come striper season!
Thanks brother, likewise

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

I have used Abu Garcia Ambassador reels for a long time for catfishing. Very well made and durable, especially the older Swiss made ones. The new ones seem cheaply made in comparison. As far as value, if your is functioning well I would say $35-$45 would be a fair price, depending on scratches and blemishes. It likely needs torn down, cleaned and oiled after all these years. If you still have it and would be interested in a trade, PM me and maybe we can work something out. I prefer the 6000 and 6500 size, but would find a good use for the smaller 5500C.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There HAS to be some fishing going on!!! In my area ( mid Atlantic, Chesapeake Bay, Potomac River) it's time for the annual yellow perch run followed by the white perch run. I haven't been able to get out due to obligations and such but, with the temps in the upper 50's to lower 70's for the past couple weeks there should be all kinds of Largemouth action also.

I won't be able to put the boat in the water for a couple weeks sooooooo, to get my fix can SOMEBODY post some fishing pictures? I know Tennessee Dave did not disappoint last year.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
There HAS to be some fishing going on!!! In my area ( mid Atlantic, Chesapeake Bay, Potomac River) it's time for the annual yellow perch run followed by the white perch run. I haven't been able to get out due to obligations and such but, with the temps in the upper 50's to lower 70's for the past couple weeks there should be all kinds of Largemouth action also.

I won't be able to put the boat in the water for a couple weeks sooooooo, to get my fix can SOMEBODY post some fishing pictures? I know Tennessee Dave did not disappoint last year.
I used to go down to visit my brother in DC every March and would stop in Annapolis to do some early season striper fishing. I always lucked out and caught some pretty nice fish down there!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk