What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Does fly fishing count? :)
View attachment 92391
Of course, brother! I've been fishing since a little kid some 40 years or so and haven't tried fly fishing yet. I giggle a little when a couple of my friends harass me by saying things like "come on and get back to more basic techniques of fishing" ..."give the fish a chance" , when their fly rods and reals cost double what my spinning and bait casting equipment costs......
Maybe someday, when I retire I will take up fly fishing.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Made the maiden voyage on Lake Superior this Saturday. Had to deal with some ice chunks in order to get out on the lake but no major problems. Fishing was a little on the slow side. Ended up with 3 Coho but that was the only 3 bites that I got. Got out today with 3 others and we manage to go 5/10 and they were all Coho's. Listening to the report back at the dock and it sounded like not many caught fish so we felt pretty good. We are mostly trolling plugs and flasher flies through balls of bait fish in about 80 to 100 feet of water. The water temp was right around 36 degrees so you have to dress very warm or freeze your tail off.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Made the maiden voyage on Lake Superior this Saturday. Had to deal with some ice chunks in order to get out on the lake but no major problems. Fishing was a little on the slow side. Ended up with 3 Coho but that was the only 3 bites that I got. Got out today with 3 others and we manage to go 5/10 and they were all Coho's. Listening to the report back at the dock and it sounded like not many caught fish so we felt pretty good. We are mostly trolling plugs and flasher flies through balls of bait fish in about 80 to 100 feet of water. The water temp was right around 36 degrees so you have to dress very warm or freeze your tail off.
Where you at? I am assuming the UP. Which harbor did you head out of? Fished out of Saxon & Black River. Have a good friend in Bessemer, and I usually get up there sometime in the summer. Would love to connect if you are somewhere nearby.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am in the Duluth area but always get a Wisconsin license because I fish there side just as much as the Minnesota side. Plus I can troll with 3 lines in Wisconsin which gives me a larger spread. I have not fished east of Ashland yet but one never knows when a road trip is in order. If you ever get up to the Duluth / Superior area let me know and you are more than welcome to hop in the boat.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am in the Duluth area but always get a Wisconsin license because I fish there side just as much as the Minnesota side. Plus I can troll with 3 lines in Wisconsin which gives me a larger spread. I have not fished east of Ashland yet but one never knows when a road trip is in order. If you ever get up to the Duluth / Superior area let me know and you are more than welcome to hop in the boat.
Don't get quite that far over, but if I do I will let you know. Will also try and give you a heads up when I head over Bessemer way - maybe somewhere in between or something.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Come on brothers and sisters! There has to be some fish being caught somewhere!

My friend, Bryan Schmitt, is a touring FLW pro angler. He's fresh off a Tour win on the upper Mississippi River and getting ready for a tournament on the mighty Potomac River here in So. Maryland starting this Thursday. He's one of the hottest pros right now and I will be very surprised if he doesn't place in the top 10 here, if not win it! There might be one or two anglers that knows the Potomac better than Bryan but, their not fishing the tournament.
Look him up if you get a chance. When not touring he is a Chesapeake Bay licensed charter captain and is one of the best on the Bay!

Tight lines!