What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Water here in Cleveland is still pretty damn cold. I imagine the bite will turn on in the next week or so. Some smallmouth are starting to movie into the Lake Erie tributaries already.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Most fishable lakes in Minnesota and Wisconsin are still froze over, thawing put daily though. Wisconsin opener next weekend will be pushing fish ability due to ice out. Crossing my fingers we can put the boats in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Most fishable lakes in Minnesota and Wisconsin are still froze over, thawing put daily though. Wisconsin opener next weekend will be pushing fish ability due to ice out. Crossing my fingers we can put the boats in.

Looking at Modis it is sure hard to believe there will be any open water unless it is part of a flowage.

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/index.php?satellite=t1&product=true_color&date=2018_04_28_118&overlay_sector=false&overlay_state=true&overlay_coastline=true&sector=USA3&resolution=250m

Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good to hear you will or should have some open water.

I have had opener plans put on hold due to ice. My buddy just got his pilots license so we went for a ride on Friday before to see if there was any open water. Ended up on a lake that only was covered by ice on one half and the access was on the open side. Fishing pretty much sucked the whole weekend.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Got out and did some largemouth fishing with a good buddy today. Was a good day.
Brother, that's so cool. A spinner bait is always tied on the front of my boat. I have to tell you, there's a saying around here......you can throw any color spinner bait you want as long as it's chartreuse and white.

Last edited:

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Being a reformed bass fisherman, these recent photos are bringing back memories. But then, some of those memories were damned hot, so I’m good. I haven’t looked at the nearby lakes in a few days but they were still pretty iced up but looking punky. It’ll be a bit yet but I need to get my float tube in order for the season.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The weather in Cleveland is looking perfect on Tuesday so I might “call in sick” from work grab the fly rod and check out a recently stocked trout stream nearby.
What size do they stock there? I haven’t checked the ADFG site lately to see what/where they’ve stocked recently but what they call “catchables” aren’t really all that anyway.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The weather in Cleveland is looking perfect on Tuesday so I might “call in sick” from work grab the fly rod and check out a recently stocked trout stream nearby.
Thinking the same thing, except for Morels! Should be popping soon!!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What size do they stock there? I haven’t checked the ADFG site lately to see what/where they’ve stocked recently but what they call “catchables” aren’t really all that anyway.
Odnr claims they have stocked 3000lbs of trout average size around 12inches so far this year.