What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
good to see someone is catching ! I hope to get out next weekend for the first trip of the year. spend today getting the boat ready, tonight I'll start getting the gear organized.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I caught the 2 smallest trout of my life this weekend on a creek in Erie Pa. There was still a surprising amount of big steelhead left in the creek but they were not even slightest bit interested in anything I threw at them. Always fun exploring new waters though.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Got the boat out for the first last Thursday and trolled for about 1/2 hour before the beeper went off on the motor. That ended my day. This weeks mission is to replace the impeller and have the boat water ready for next weekend.

BOAT Break Out Another Thousand, but in my case it was $20 for the part and no labor cost.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Local trout release and derby was this weekend. Great outcome with over 200 youths coming out. All got free combo poles and 3 got an extra prize for catching a golden trout. Friends grand daughter caught her first carp.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That's awesome, brother! I used to belong to a Bass club many years ago and we would have a youth derby every spring. Some of those kids will grow up to be outdoorsmen and women because of this experience. And, it's a great way to meet single mothers.....just sayin!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Got the boat out for the first last Thursday and trolled for about 1/2 hour before the beeper went off on the motor. That ended my day. This weeks mission is to replace the impeller and have the boat water ready for next weekend.

BOAT Break Out Another Thousand, but in my case it was $20 for the part and no labor cost.
That sucks, brother. Been there myself a time or two.
Good luck on getting her back up and on the water.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nice! I keep telling myself I need to learn how to fly fish. I think when I retire I might just do that.
I just started this year and learning a couple basic casts is the easiest part. Learning about positioning and where when and how to fish and all the different types of line, leader, tippet, flies and what situations to use them in is pretty crazy.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I just started this year and learning a couple basic casts is the easiest part. Learning about positioning and where when and how to fish and all the different types of line, leader, tippet, flies and what situations to use them in is pretty crazy.
That was what frustrated me was the line and tippets etc. You basically need 4-10 different set ups if you wanna fly fish different species in different types of water. I lost interest after 3 years. Switched back to bait casters cause it's what I knew. Plus I already have about 15 of them ;)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That was what frustrated me was the line and tippets etc. You basically need 4-10 different set ups if you wanna fly fish different species in different types of water. I lost interest after 3 years. Switched back to bait casters cause it's what I knew. Plus I already have about 15 of them ;)
Yeah I can’t imagine bringing all that stuff with me considering how much I move around. When I fly fish I’m just looking for trout so I’ll bring one little roll of 4x tippet and the other basics. More room for beer and cigars. But goddamn I’ve got two bait casters and one spinning setup and I thought that was overkill for a little kayak bass fishing haha

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We were fishing out of Bark's Bay by the town of Herbster Wisconsin. I know I should take pictures but the Coho are not all that big. The sure are cool looking in the water with a blue color on their backs. The Brown was around 3-4 pounds but looked small compared to my buddies 13.75 pound caught last week.
By the way Herbster is the next town past Port Wing going east on Wisconsin Hwy 13. Opposite side of the point from Madeline Island.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Been trying to go all Spring. Between the constant rain, the swollen Mississippi River and the wind didn't make a trip. Now we've run full bore into summer with extreme heat in the afternoons and wind in the mornings. Got to find a decent day.