What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Grab a heater and get out on the ice you old bums!!! ^^^^

Especially you Joel, you live in the ice fishing capital of the US. I'll be getting out on the ice within a couple days of being home from Europe.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Come on, guys. Spring time temps are here. Isn't anybody fishing for something out there?
I'm planning on putting the boat in the water next week.( if the moon, stars, Jupiter and Saturn line up just perfectly)....

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I've gotten about 1 hour combined time throwing a senko in a small pond. Couple bites but nothing so far. I'll get some more time this weekend I hope

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on, guys. Spring time temps are here. Isn't anybody fishing for something out there?
I'm planning on putting the boat in the water next week.( if the moon, stars, Jupiter and Saturn line up just perfectly)....
I figure this coming Saturday is the last ice-fishing trip of the year. Still had 18" last weekend, but the perimeter is getting soft. Lot's pf keeper-sized bass this year.

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I'm heading out this afternoon on the Pamunkey River in VA after some big catfish. I've seen a report on tidalfish.com that mentioned some decent sized croakers were caught last week in West Point on cut frozen Spot. Might have to get over there in the next week or so and give them a try!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm heading out this afternoon on the Pamunkey River in VA after some big catfish. I've seen a report on tidalfish.com that mentioned some decent sized croakers were caught last week in West Point on cut frozen Spot. Might have to get over there in the next week or so and give them a try!
Sounds like a plan to me!
The last two years have been tough on the croakers and blue cats here on the Chesapeake and Potomac river. The crab population is dwindling almost to record lows so the commercial fisherman are supplementing w/ croakers and big blue cats. You can still go and catch a limit of croakers and cats but not the bigger ones like a few years ago. Now, I'm not blaming the commercial guys for this. There's enough blame to go around with more recreation anglers then ever before but, with the now added pressure of the comm guys it's gonna have an effect on the fishery.....

Man, what I wouldn't do to feel the fight of one of those big croakers right now.....