What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Just got the boat out of storage. Got to get her ready for the Wisconsin Opener. Need to make sure the live-well is capable of holding all the fish I'll say I caught.
Sounds good, brother. Take me.....
It looks like it might be a couple weeks till I get the boat in the water. I have a mound of dirt the size of a dump truck(literally!) I have to move by hand to patch our yard,...... THEN I can go fishing.
Looking forward to putting a few Snakeheads in the freezer!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
View attachment 61758

Not the best picture, but a 27# catfish I landed fishing with my Dad on Tuesday.
You boys would shat if you saw the size of the flatheads we've been winching out of Bartlett Lake here in AZ. I didn't get the pictures, but my buddy did... 3 flatheads weighing in at 36, 51, & 56 respectively.

On a side note, anyone have any suggestions for getting started in fly fishing? I want to start on a light line for brown/rainbow trout... gear recommendations? I nearly shat when I saw the prices of decent combos....

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
^ This is something I've been looking into as well. As long as I've fished for trout, since I was 3 with my grandpa, I've never fly fished.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
From what I gathered, I should be looking at an Orvis combo or something from Temple Fork Outfitters in a 4-5wt. I like the idea of a combo, but I keep thinking of the less than stellar combos that some of the big box places put together that taught me it is better to put something together on your own. Hopefully some folks here have experience in it and can guide me down the proper path.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have been hitting Lake Superior when the weather permits. Catching a nice assortment of fish. Last saturday I released a 29" and a 26" Brown trout. Caught 5 Coho's on Sunday with a friend of mine. We hit the lake early knowing the wind was going to get bad. We caught 2 Kings before 7:00 AM and we started at 6:25. We ended up catching 3 Coho's before the waves got a little too big. Hate it when they come over the bow :eek:

The biggest King was 26" and the other was 22"

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
When I talk about the lake getting a little bumpy here is the forecast from NOAA for the next couple of days:

LSZ144-145-100330-
TWO HARBORS TO DULUTH MN-DULUTH MN TO PORT WING WI-
304 PM CDT SAT MAY 9 2015

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY
EVENING...

.TONIGHT...NE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS TO 25 KT LATE TONIGHT. PARTLY
CLOUDY. WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
.SUNDAY...NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT. GALE FORCE GUSTS TO 40 KT.
SCATTERED SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES BUILDING 6 TO 8 FT.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT. GALE FORCE GUSTS TO 45 KT.
SHOWERS LIKELY. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT.
.MONDAY...NE WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GALES TO 45 KT IN THE
MORNING...SUBSIDING 15 TO 20 KT WITH GALES TO 35 KT IN THE LATE
AFTERNOON. SHOWERS LIKELY. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have been hitting Lake Superior when the weather permits. Catching a nice assortment of fish. Last saturday I released a 29" and a 26" Brown trout. Caught 5 Coho's on Sunday with a friend of mine. We hit the lake early knowing the wind was going to get bad. We caught 2 Kings before 7:00 AM and we started at 6:25. We ended up catching 3 Coho's before the waves got a little too big. Hate it when they come over the bow :eek:

Nice looking fish. Wish I could hit the water in the spring. But school age kids just kill that for me.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My father lives on a 8 acre lake with bass perch crappie catfish carp and blue gill. Its the best fishing experience I've ever had. I always catch something. Going ti take my 2 yo son this summer probably just tie a Bobber to his pole and let him reel in whatever I catch

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If you have the sound turned up when the ships are coming through the canal your can hear the exchange of horns or the greeting. Watch the shipping schedule for times. The really long ships are the ore and coal ships which can be over a 1000'.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Really excited to get my itch for the ocean somewhat cured. I swear I should have joined the coast guard. I have a huge fascination with the ocean but now I have too many commitments... oh well retirements only 30 years out... at least I have a paid vacation every year!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Beautiful fish, brother! Glad to see somebody getting out there.
The waves can get really big on the Chesapeake Bay also. Those are the days I stay home...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
You boys would shat if you saw the size of the flatheads we've been winching out of Bartlett Lake here in AZ. I didn't get the pictures, but my buddy did... 3 flatheads weighing in at 36, 51, & 56 respectively.

On a side note, anyone have any suggestions for getting started in fly fishing? I want to start on a light line for brown/rainbow trout... gear recommendations? I nearly shat when I saw the prices of decent combos....
I have read some reports that Bartlett is crazy with the cats right now... I really need to get out there and need to figure out how to catch fish out here in AZ. Went to Pleasant with my boys over the weekend and we got skunked with the exception of the boys catching some crawfish. I miss Montana and Oregon fishing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431370723.428917.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431370735.098999.jpg