What's new

Any anglers out there?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice pike.

I live near a small lake/reservoir. Usually fish for LM, crappie and cats. This rough winter resulted in a huge fish kill... of course the damn carp survived. Not very good fishing right now. Heard the smallies are biting up in So. Wisconsin... guess i'll have to go on a road trip soon.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nice pike.

I live near a small lake/reservoir. Usually fish for LM, crappie and cats. This rough winter resulted in a huge fish kill... of course the damn carp survived. Not very good fishing right now. Heard the smallies are biting up in So. Wisconsin... guess i'll have to go on a road trip soon.
unfortunately the cold winter caused a lot of fish kills this year. Hopefully everything will come back stronger and the fishing will improve....

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I haven't been in years but I do miss it. Except for the deer flies, horse flies, mosquitoes, sunburn... :rofl:

My father and I used to go fishing in some of the Northern Canadian lakes and pull out 18" rainbow trout in time for breakfast! I don't have my gear anymore or else I'd head out. My 6 year old son wants to go camping this Summer. If he likes it and we go again for a few days, I'll introduce him to fishing.
Let me know when you want to go to my fishing club for a day. It's right off I55 in Plainfield. You can use all my rods and bait. It's a private club. If he doesn't catch something there is a free cigar rule. BassNGill fishing club.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I haven't been in years but I do miss it. Except for the deer flies, horse flies, mosquitoes, sunburn... :rofl:

My father and I used to go fishing in some of the Northern Canadian lakes and pull out 18" rainbow trout in time for breakfast! I don't have my gear anymore or else I'd head out. My 6 year old son wants to go camping this Summer. If he likes it and we go again for a few days, I'll introduce him to fishing.
Let me know when you want to go to my fishing club for a day. It's right off I55 in Plainfield. You can use all my rods and bait. It's a private club. If he doesn't catch something there is a free cigar rule. BassNGill fishing club.
That's incredibly generous, Brother! I'll talk to you about it at the herf!

Thanks

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Had an awesome week this past week with some family at Lake Barkley in Western Kentucky. We had our best luck "jugging" for catfish. But we also had some bluegill luck. On the day before our last day one of our noodles we were using instead of jugs went under and we couldn't find it. So we assumed it gone. The next day after fishing some more we returned to the area of the missing noodle and low and behold it was about a half mile from where it disappeared. As we pulled up to it we didn't expect anything, but my son grabbed the noodle and said something was fighting on the other end. We pulled it up to find our largest cat of the week. Great times had by all. In the photo is my son and my dad with our catch.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Took a bad fall while wading in the river this weekend. Right knee is going to keep me sidelined for a couple weeks it seems.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Must have been a bad luck weekend for fishing, after a great morning catching Walleyes, I locked my keys in the truck with it running at the landing when getting things ready too leave.... Got stuck hanging out for two extra hours while someone brought me a key. Haha! Ooooooopps.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Kind of a dead time for me on the ohio river right now. Walleye/sauger are done till fall n the hybrid stripers should start late summer/early fall. Drum fishing should pick up by the end of the month. The kids can still catch bluegill in the local ponds though!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions for forums that are tolerant of complete fishing morons?

I've hunted all my life, but I only picked up a rod recently for a buddy's bass outing. I caught about 30 budweisers... nothing else. I picked up some light dual purpose bass/trout gear, and I figured while I'm at it I should go after some of the dandy flatheads relaxing in Lake Pleasant, AZ. Of course, now I need to stop at Cabelas or Bass Pro to get this gear.

It was fun. Now I need to know what the hell to do to actually catch something non-alcoholic.