What's new

AR-15 Build Thread

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That would be a great choice. I have the MOE SL in FDE on my rig now. I bought a mission first tactical stock for my next build.
That's actually another choice I'm toying with. The cheek relief on the Magpul looks like it would be more comfortable to shoot though so weighing out pros and cons.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lower is 98% complete!! All that's left is to torque down the castle nut. That will have to wait until I get my workbench and vise bolted down together (hopefully this weekend). My dad was able to get the pivot pin, detent and spring installed without using the tool I was telling him about. He just laughed at me and told me I owed him $10. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That's not bad at all and I will definitely consider it. A local shop here has stripped Yankee Hill uppers for $75 so I may just go that route so I don't have to pay shipping or wait.
I placed a order for it. Couldn't pass it up. From reading reviews, they say they ship pretty fast. Priority shipping was only $5 and some change.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
How was the shipping from PSA? Doing a little research people were saying that shipping took forever. Thinking about ordering the exact BCG & ammo deal.
I've always gotten my deliveries from them in a timely manner. Then again, I'm kinda old so my timely manner might be unreasonably long to a younger instant gratification kinda guy?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Finally installed the forward assist and ejection port cover. Here is a pic. You can see the forward assist and charging handle. Bcg is in the plastic bag on the table. All that is left his barrel and hand guards. Got my order placed for go no go gauges to check the head space. Almost complete!