• Leave it on never remove it.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • leave it on, but remove it so I can smoke the nub

Votes: 153 56.5%
  • Take it off before lighting, I don't want anyone knowing what I'm smoking

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Take it off after smoking a bit.

Votes: 55 20.3%
  • Who the F cares? It's a little piece of paper!!!

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
How are people supposed to know how cool I am and much I overpaid for a cigar if I take the band off?

~brooks
That's just it... if they know your reputation they dont have to see the band. If they don't know who Brooks is... that's their problem. :cbig:

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
My dad always taught me it was polite to remove the band before you start smoking. Not sure it's polite, but it's how I was raised, and thus how I do it.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I still take bands off before smoking just because I don't want to fiddle with it while smoking. The issue I have is sometimes the band sticks to the wrapper making holes or makes the wrapper unravel. I might change my thoughts and try to leave the band on till later on.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well I guess common sense prevails :)

Leave it on never remove it. 2 1.10%
leave it on, but remove it so I can smoke the nub 107 59.12%
Take it off before lighting, I don't want anyone knowing what I'm smoking 16 8.84%
Take it off after smoking a bit. 32 17.68%
Who the F cares? It's a little piece of paper!!! 24 13.26%
Voters: 181. Y

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
When I started smoking cigars I read it was bad etiquette to leave the band on, so I started taking it off. Then I got a few bad glue jobs and tore the wrapper on my cigar. So I said screw etiquette, I'll take the band off if it's worth nubbin.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
When I started smoking cigars I read it was bad etiquette to leave the band on, so I started taking it off. Then I got a few bad glue jobs and tore the wrapper on my cigar. So I said screw etiquette, I'll take the band off if it's worth nubbin.
That's the spirit. Same story here.

Plus...the conclusion of: So...I get to remove the emblem of my vehicle because it's bad etiquette?

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I wait until the burnline is close to the band then remove it, hoping the glue has warmed up a bit. I rarely try to take the band off before lighting up because I am tired of tearing the wrapper from an overly glued or tight band.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted for "Take the Band Off" , but not for the reason of having people know the cigar I am smoking. More because I tend to nub and don't want to smoke the paper.

SmokeyOgre

Has Layers
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically leave it on until its time for nubbin' unless I'm in public smoking something cheap And dont want anyone to know I'm slummin it :stretchgr