What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Curious....how long is too long to hold onto them?
These were bottled Feb. 2nd. Some people make the mistake to age them for some kind of twisted imperial IPA turned into barley wine experiment. It's personal preference, I just know the hops fade with time and the whole point in IPAs is to taste the hops at their best. I'd say 3 months max, you could probably stretch it to 6 months or longer if they're chilling in a fridge. Just my opinion...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoying a Bell's Hopslam with a Padron 85th. Not sure I like the beer though. This is the first time I've tried it. It could be the combo of the the two, who knows. I might be posting hopslam for trade tomorrow. Lol

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
These were bottled Feb. 2nd. Some people make the mistake to age them for some kind of twisted imperial IPA turned into barley wine experiment. It's personal preference, I just know the hops fade with time and the whole point in IPAs is to taste the hops at their best. I'd say 3 months max, you could probably stretch it to 6 months or longer if they're chilling in a fridge. Just my opinion...
Thank you...makes sense.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Racer 5 on Kyles recommendation. Damn good IPA.

Now moved onto a Foinders Imperial Stout.
Nice...glad you liked it Jay. Doesn't get much better for the price, and in that category IMO.

Assume you found some local to you huh? Certainly couldn't have been enough time to get an order from Gary.....

I only know that cause mine hasn't shown up yet!...lol.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nice...glad you liked it Jay. Doesn't get much better for the price, and in that category IMO.

Assume you found some local to you huh? Certainly couldn't have been enough time to get an order from Gary.....

I only know that cause mine hasn't shown up yet!...lol.
Great beer thanks for the reco Kyle. Yeah it's available locally. Just had to email Gary to remind him to add me to his list.

BeerAdvocate

BeerHunter
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Enjoying a Bell's Hopslam with a Padron 85th. Not sure I like the beer though. This is the first time I've tried it. It could be the combo of the the two, who knows. I might be posting hopslam for trade tomorrow. Lol
You can send the rest of your Hopslam down the road to me if you are interested in a trade?
I have yet to get my hands on any this year, but I do know that I like it!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Great beer thanks for the reco Kyle. Yeah it's available locally. Just had to email Gary to remind him to add me to his list.
If your local has the Racer 5 Jay....go back and see if they have the Hop Rod Rye whenever you make it back there. It too, is fantastic.

Not sure if you've bought and tried the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye...but the Bear Republic Hop Rod blows it away IMO.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Not sure if you've bought and tried the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye...but the Bear Republic Hop Rod blows it away IMO.
I agree with this 100%... Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA blows Hop Rod away though :eyepoke:

Last edited:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Cliff, thanks for the suggestion/recommendation....picked up a bottle of Bell's Brewing "Third Coast Old Ale" and it's damn good. I will be getting more! :thumbsup:
:rofl: But I got the wrong beer, I got third coast beer, not the old ale. Admittedly, it was my mistake.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I agree with this 100%... Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA blows Hop Rod away thought :eyepoke:
Hey...I love the Lennys Bittersweet too, and would GLADLY drink either of those two beers. The Lennys RIPA is the beer that got me off of my Dogfish Head 90 minute kick I was on. And that wasn't easy to do. I was into the 90 minute for a good while there.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I generally try to stay away from IPAs when smoking a cigar. Either the Beer ends up overpowering the cigar or they just clash really badly. I don't find that an IPA pairs very well with any cigar. Of course YMMV.