What's new

Beer O da day!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Green flash rayon vert
What was your opinion on it?
Ya see...

THIS is one of the beauties of this thread (and this forum obviously). This beer wasn't even remotely on my radar, and not cause I don't like Green Flash. Their West Coast IPA is stellar, and a favorite of mine.

Seeing these two posts...I did some quick looking, and this one sounds RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! A Pale Ale brewed w/ Brett!?!? :cjump:

Yup, I think I'll grab some when/if I can find it.

Thanks Bob!! :waving:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
How's the NN Jay?

Never had that one, but have it on good authority that some is inbound for the State of WA :guitar:
It's a great beer. Very upfront hoppy with a little sweetness on the finish. It's not crisp and clean like Pliny but its a winner for the Hops fans out there. I'd be interested to hear your take on it when it gets there Kyle.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
It's a great beer. Very upfront hoppy with a little sweetness on the finish. It's not crisp and clean like Pliny but its a winner for the Hops fans out there. I'd be interested to hear your take on it when it gets there Kyle.
yup...will definitely report my thoughts, as I'm very much looking forward to trying it.

Once you've had the Pliny, the IPA bar is set far too high...

Although the NN isn't classifed as an IPA I don't think, but a red/amber.....just obviously a hopped up version.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
yup...will definitely report my thoughts, as I'm very much looking forward to trying it.

Once you've had the Pliny, the IPA bar is set far too high...

Although the NN isn't classifed as an IPA I don't think, but a red/amber.....just obviously a hopped up version.
Just checked troegs site and I believe you're right. It's a hoppd up version of their Hopback Amber Ale.

Too much technicality for me. I'm just a step above Mmmmmm Beer.:grin:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Tastes like a farmhouse ale, its kinda refreshing actually.
Hmmm...just took a look, fermented w/ Viognier and Pinot Gris grapes? Interesting.

This style is indeed a very nice change of pace. Someone will tell you it's a "slippery slope"...

They're liars though. It's a free-fall...

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Just checked troegs site and I believe you're right. It's a hoppd up version of their Hopback Amber Ale.

Too much technicality for me. I'm just a step above Mmmmmm Beer.:grin:
LOL...well, if you've got that down Jay, that's all you really need anyway.

Beyond trying to pick up flavors on occasion, i've gotta narrow it down to "yup, i'd buy again"... or "nope not worth it". I don't keep notes, or a book, or a spreadsheet etc....so beyond posting thoughts here..it's all from memory. Sometimes the simpler the better.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
LOL...well, if you've got that down Jay, that's all you really need anyway.

Beyond trying to pick up flavors on occasion, i've gotta narrow it down to "yup, i'd buy again"... or "nope not worth it". I don't keep notes, or a book, or a spreadsheet etc....so beyond posting thoughts here..it's all from memory. Sometimes the simpler the better.
That's how I view cigars as well. I either like it and want more or I don't and won't buy more. I can and do pick up flavor notes on occasion and will share what I recall but I drink and smoke for enjoyment. Trying to pick up too much seems like a chore to me.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
That's how I view cigars as well. I either like it and want more or I don't and won't buy more. I can and do pick up flavor notes on occasion and will share what I recall but I drink and smoke for enjoyment. Trying to pick up too much seems like a chore to me.
Yup....I'm with ya there too. Just easier to do for me with beers it seems. I can drink one glass of beer and make that call. But the inconsistencies sometimes with cigars make it much harder to do, but thats how I prefer to judge smokes as well, once I get a true grasp on the blend at least.

Now onto an Ommegang Hennepin. I shoulda had this one first....flavors are muddled I think from the stronger Oskar Blues HGH still lingering.