What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Figured I would post some recent brews since it's been a while

This one tasted slightly infected. Better luck next time.

Grabbed another this and the big John
And realized that the nightstalker is not intended to sit as long ....don't know if that may have made a diff In your bottle.
I doubt it... It was may'be a month or two at most. My buddy, whom had a different bottle, felt the same way.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Recent beers,

I also have stockpiled 6 Doom and had one (no pic) and it was stellar,

P1030892.jpg

P1030895.jpg How could this not be good!

P1030899.jpg Thanks Nick!!! Loved it.

P1030901.jpg Thanks Mistaforty, my ass was kicked after this 15abv beast.

P1030903.jpg Nice and refreshing interesting beer.

P1030904.jpg WnB from 2012, how can you go wrong.

P1030905.jpg Wish this was available locally, lightly sour.

P1030906.jpg The one the only, loved it a year ago and the mint chocolate is just perfect. Too bad it was a one off release, one bottle left for me.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Westbrook Brewing Cap'n Skoon's Ballistic Stout: This is one of the beers I received from Fitze55 which he was most proud of. This is the beer brewed up for their Second anniversary at the end of last year. It poured dark with a little head that was dark tan and dense that lingered. For those who have had Alaskan's Smoked Porter, the same type of smoke flavor from that I was picking up in the Westbrook, but with a thick blanket of bitter dark chocolate covering. Coffee was barely noticeable, as were some fruity flavors in the backgrounds that I could find. The alcohol was noticeable, but the brewers did a great job of making this highly drinkable and delicious. It is a shame this was brewed once as it would be a great offering for them to keep producing. I saw a link somewhere earlier today to a top 25 list and Westbrook was #11 or 12 on the breweries they say are up and coming for this year. I will vouch for that claim of advancing themselves, along with hoping they succeed in doing great things this year.

Founders Backwoods Bastard: This was another beer I received from Fitze55, and my only offering I have had from Founders. I was feeling good from the other beer at this point so we turned on Eddie Murhpy's Raw stand up and relaxed with this beer. The bastard poured dark red/amber with no real head to speak of. It was chilled when I poured it and the first sip I had a physical reaction to the overwhelming alcohol flavor. I was not expecting it to be strong, no clue why that was, and then looked at the bottle to see it is 10.2%. Yeah it had that very strong warming feeling that heated up my whole pallet. The tastes of sweetness was the most prominent thing and I was unable to break apart what exactly I was tasting. I let this sit in the glass for about 10 minutes on the table to breathe and warm up before I tried again. Everything changed at this point, like night and day changed. It was much easier to consume when it was warmer and had much better flavor. The sweetness was still prominent, but it became diverse with the sweetness of bourbon, cherries, Carmel, and more were leaping out at me. The beer is very strong in alcohol, but thin and highly drinkable when it has warmed up. I wish bourbon aged beers didn't come off tasting so boozy, but that is just how the style is. This beer is freaking delicious, and paired nicely with one of my favorite stand up skits.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
1st one of these ever. Had some Double Trouble last year and this is right up there with that as one of the best non west coast IPAs I've ever tried. Different too, as the citrus is absent, but still fantastic.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369625565.452708.jpg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Vampire slayer.jpg

this has to be one of the best stouts I ever had! 10% by vol. nice burnt caramel on the intial and a wonderful sweet stout taste on the finish. Crisp and smooth for a stout. Best in a tulip glass to gather all those aromas. Cheers!