What's new

Best Metallica...

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
And btw, forty, I think leper messiah is my fav song on puppets! God I love that tune.

-Jared
Yeah it's a great tune it's the off the beaten path one and THATS as "weak" as the album gets...I think I worded it wrong/lost in text sarcasm that you would've gotten if we were speaking.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The Black Album is my favorite, but Lightning is amazing considering it's pretty much bass-free. I can't think of another hard rock release without bass guitar that works. Metallica was a great band. I listen to the hi-rez DVD-A of the Black Album constantly.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Top 5 Metallica Albums
1. Master of Puppets
2. Kill Em All
3. Ride the Lightning
4. And Justice for All
5. tie between Death Magnetic & Garage Inc.

My current favorite song is off of Death Magnetic, love this album almost make me forget about St. Anger
[YOUTUBE]9l19OATYF-c[/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Favorite album - Black Album

Don't kill me, but I love Until it Sleeps, and King Nothing off the Load album, and Fuel from Reload.

Wherever I May Roam might be my all time favorite song of theirs.

Also, whenever Unforgiven II starts playing on the radio, I get really pumped up, and immediately feel shat on when I realize it isn't the Unforgiven.

Don't even get me started on Unforgiven III.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I went song for song this AM puppets vs justice. I still for puppets... Dyers eve and one ...shortest straw frayed ends ....but the rest don't stand up to battery sanitarium master and disposable heroes (love that intro to start the B side) and damage inc just kills...Orion is literally epic lol

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My favorite is Puppets, but Kill em All is a close second. I will have to say, Reload was not a bad album, there are few songs off that album that even though are in no comparison to KEA, RTL, MOP or AJFA, they are more along the lines of that time period, than the Black Album or any of the other garbage they have put out. Garage INC is a great album and I love their take on the covers, but its still a cover album by a great cover band. I will say however, I do love S&M, I find myself listening to it on long road trips, I love listening to the crowd as they realize what song is about to start playing after the orchestras intro.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The first 5 albums are all great to me. The Black album was one of my first CD purchases! It wasn't until after that cd that I got into their earlier work, which I came to prefer.

There are just too many incredible songs to pick a real favorite. Musically, I think Fade to Black has to take the cake for me, since the solos in that song are just pure genius--it's just raw honest emotion funneled through a guitar, amazing. Beyond that, off the top of my head:

Fade to Black
Seek and Destroy
Creeping Death
One
Master of Puppets
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Stone Cold Crazy (cover)
Am I Evil (cover)
Nothing Else Matters
The Unforgiven
Battery
Sanitarium

I hated Load when it came out, and have honestly listed to hardly anything new of Metallica since then. I don't even know what the good post-Black Album songs are!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Favorite album - Black Album

Don't kill me, but I love Until it Sleeps, and King Nothing off the Load album, and Fuel from Reload.

Wherever I May Roam might be my all time favorite song of theirs.

Also, whenever Unforgiven II starts playing on the radio, I get really pumped up, and immediately feel shat on when I realize it isn't the Unforgiven.

Don't even get me started on Unforgiven III.

I'm right there with you on that one. Favorite album is black for sure. Load and reloaded are probably 3,4 or 5 on the list. Hard to nail down a top 5.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Black was one of my first cassetts. Then a buddy let me borrow and dub his And Justice For All cassett. My favorite by far and I mean all the songs. following that would be Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. the post Black stuff doesn't really do it for me, but the song Whiskey in the Jar is a good remake of the old Irish folk tune.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
justice for sure. i had to buy a second tape i played my first one to death. hahahahah

speaking of metallica, i recently met kirk hammett on the beach at waikiki. wanted to ask for a pic but he was in his zone about to surf. he was hella cool though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I first saw this thread I was worried. I figured it would be a bunch of discussion between "Load", "Reload", and Justin Bieber's Greatest Hits but I am happy to see decent Metallica albums mentioned. Master of puppets is the best IMO. In my own world Metallica broke up after the Black album. The later ones just don't exist.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
When I first saw this thread I was worried. I figured it would be a bunch of discussion between "Load", "Reload", and Justin Bieber's Greatest Hits but I am happy to see decent Metallica albums mentioned. Master of puppets is the best IMO. In my own world Metallica broke up after the Black album. The later ones just don't exist.
I loved Load, but Reload didn't do it for me. St. Anger being the worst. Hard to pick for me but I'd say Kill em All. Can't beat some of them riffs there and Dave Mustaine aka Megadave, contributed to the awesomeness.

KK33