What's new

Best Metallica...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I cant believe you don`t like leper messiah..... Master of puppets is my favorite album but Justice for all was great and alot of great teen memories with that album. Shortest straw, Blackend, prolly my two favorites
Same here, I was learning guitar when And Justice For All came out and it had some pretty cool riffs. I was a fan of Garage Days then that was it for me

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just one...

Whiplash
Damage Inc
Masters..
Orion
Disposable Heros
Fade to Black
Seek and Destroy
Injustice..
The Prince
Battery
For Whom..
Sanitarium
Four Horsemen
Motorbreath
Enter Sandman (yup)

If I had to pick one album, it's Masters (listen to it at least once a week, morning before work).

Fav: The double bass drum beats

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
One
It was the Black Album that got me into Metallica. So it hold top spot for me. The older albums are more my style and the ones after it weren't great. I moved on to heavier music by then.

One is an amazing song. Based off the book printed in 1938 called Johnny Got His Gun. Amazing book. If you read and like One it's worth a read.
one of my favorite books but I wouldn't read it in a dark mood. It will bring you down hard.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AJFA is by far my favorite. Still have it on cassette.

And Justice for Jason is interesting to hear. It's on Youtube.

Let's not talk about St. Anger....

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I got into Metallica with the Black Album but fell hard and bought everyone before and everyone that came out after. Their stuff changed but I still like most of it. One has always been a favorite, Fuel is I'm needing a boost. Still love Enter Sandman and Battery. I'm all over every album lol

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Ride the lightning hands down.(the album) I love the first four albums. Master of Puppets was an awesome album also. The title track (MoP) rings in my heart pretty true. Had a little stint with the Bolivian Marching Powder in my young and dumb years. Whoever wrote those lyrics has been there. That's all I'm saying. Still can't watch the movie Rush with Jason Patric. The scene where he's digging though the carpets still gets me. I did the same shit. Coke is Satan in powdered form. Maybe I'm sharing too much with you guys…
Anyways, back on subject.
Imo,There are two different Metallicas. Pre- black album and sold out to make the most cash possible Metallica. I like several post black songs, but love everything pre.

Last edited:

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Kill'em All - it's just so raw and my favorite song on there is "Am I Evil"
The original by black diamond kinda sucks. If it one thing Metallica has done better than anyone, it is cover songs 10x better than the originals. Stone cold crazy comes to mind, as does breadfan, and especially whiskey in the jar. I know it's an old Irish folk tune, but the cover by Thin Lizzy is like nails across a chalkboard to me.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
A little off topic, but this thread, combined with my Zeppelin contest, I love these. I could make a thread about favorite Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Rush, KoRn, Godsmack songs and never grow tired of them. I LOVE music.