What's new

Books

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Last book I read was seawolf by jack London I was glued to it like crazy. Was an amazing read. Lots of free classics on google play store

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Any of you brothers much in to reading? I'm enjoying this book immensely. View attachment 66618

The cigar is my third of the day and not bad, but the book is better.
Lonesome Dove was a terrific read. I love to read and will binge read. I have read I think all of Vince Flynn's books. I'm a huge Steven Hunter fan. I've read most of his stuff twice. I got hooked on reading as a teenager reading Louis Lamour. I must have read 60 of those westerns. Formulaic to be sure, but what's not to like. Violence and gun play where the good guy gets the girl.

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well it's nice to see there are quite a few others in to reading as well. I'm really enjoying Lonesome Dove so far. I tend to binge read for a month or so, then take a break for a few months as others have said.
I read quite a bit as a kid, but am only managing a book here and there as an adult. A few others that I've enjoyed:

American Sniper
Tolkien - LOTR/The Hobbit - So much better than the movies
The Hunger Games series - this is written more to a younger reader I think, but it was still an interesting series and better than the movies (except that I love Jennifer Lawrence)

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I am working my way through the Wheel of Time...only on book 2...

After that or if I need a break I plan to read some of Brandon Sanderson's stuff.
The first 5 books in that series may be the best books in fantasy. Period. After that, prepare yourself for about a 6 book snoozefest. I stuck with it for the nearly 20 years, but sometimes I asked myself why. Now I just sit and wonder how it would have been different if Jordan had lived long enough to see it through.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started The Warriors Path by Louis L'Amour. Working through his Sackett series.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
After watching the legend of the seeker series on Hulu, I've been trying to make it through wizards first rule by terry goodkind, but it's been a snooze fest for me and it's taken me months to get through 3/4 of it. I'm kicking myself for trading a friend for 8 books in the series. I do like to read all kinds of books, my all time faviorite is the unabridged version of count of monte cristo. Words cannot describe how good it is.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Just finished Dead Wake by Erik Larson about the sinking of the Lusitania. Started The Rift by Walter J Williams, an end of world story (I think). Also listening to Joyland by Stephen King (my favorite author) on audible.

Pass sounds like a cool idea if we can figure out the logistics.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
After watching the legend of the seeker series on Hulu, I've been trying to make it through wizards first rule by terry goodkind, but it's been a snooze fest for me and it's taken me months to get through 3/4 of it. I'm kicking myself for trading a friend for 8 books in the series. I do like to read all kinds of books, my all time faviorite is the unabridged version of count of monte cristo. Words cannot describe how good it is.
Haha! I had the exact same problem with that book too. Way too slow. I actually put it down 1/4 of the way through and picked it up again a year later. The next few do get better, unfortunately the best parts are the ones where he just blatantly rips off Robert Jordan.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Haha! I had the exact same problem with that book too. Way too slow. I actually put it down 1/4 of the way through and picked it up again a year later. The next few do get better, unfortunately the best parts are the ones where he just blatantly rips off Robert Jordan.
Yeah, they sure walk a lot through 600 pages. Seems like every page describes the ground and trees. My friend bought 8 of the books when borders went out of business. He read 1/4 of the first book then traded them to me for mass effect 2 & 3. I had already "re bought" the mass effect trilogy, so it was no major loss and no major gain either. I did really enjoy the legend of the seeker series, good low to mid budget fantasy show.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mysteries mostly but read anything and everything. Right now reading an Agatha Christie book while waiting on Go Set a Watchman to ship from Amazon.