What's new

Books

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I went through a big phase of post-apocalyptic fiction books a few years back. I thoroughly enjoyed them all, but they're hard to read a 2nd time when you already know what's going to happen. A few years before that I was on an H.G Wells kick for a short while.

Then there are a few books I've read over and over. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is probably at the top of that list.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I went through a big phase of post-apocalyptic fiction books a few years back. I thoroughly enjoyed them all, but they're hard to read a 2nd time when you already know what's going to happen. A few years before that I was on an H.G Wells kick for a short while.

Then there are a few books I've read over and over. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is probably at the top of that list.
I love post apocalyptic earth stories. I'm on book 2 of the Divergent Series (Insurgent) and I absolutely love it.

There is something to be said about someone that reads only post apocalyptic stories. It's as if I won't be happy until the world comes to an end.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love post apocalyptic earth stories. I'm on book 2 of the Divergent Series (Insurgent) and I absolutely love it.

There is something to be said about someone that reads only post apocalyptic stories. It's as if I won't be happy until the world comes to an end.
That series just bummed me... Youll see, lol. Good stories though.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm a huge R. A. Salvatore fan. The Dark Elf series especially. Also John Scalzi (mainly the old mans war series) and Steven king (dark tower series especially was masterful!) I've been trying to crack into the wheel of time series but not much time lately. Then there's sword of truth series by terry goodkind which is captivating as well. And lee child's jack reacher. (I got on a kick for a while where I'd rip through a book every few days before I started my painting company. The time just doesn't seem to be there any more

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That series just bummed me... Youll see, lol. Good stories though.
Finished Insurgent, it was very enjoyable. Started on a sample of the third book, had to put it down.

Since I've read Artie Lange's Too Fat To Fish. It was good but not what I expected. Now I'm about 90% through Hunger Games.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm reading Stephen King's Doctor Sleep right now. Finished Tom Clancy/ Mark Grey's Full Force And Effect. Gonna try to pick up the new Tom Clancy (that was written by some one else) Under Fire next week.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I watched the first hunger games movie with my daughter in law. I haven't read the book (and probably won't) but I would guess the book would have to be infinitely better than the movie. The movie was a waste of two hours of my life.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm a huge R. A. Salvatore fan. The Dark Elf series especially. Also John Scalzi (mainly the old mans war series) and Steven king (dark tower series especially was masterful!) I've been trying to crack into the wheel of time series but not much time lately. Then there's sword of truth series by terry goodkind which is captivating as well. And lee child's jack reacher. (I got on a kick for a while where I'd rip through a book every few days before I started my painting company. The time just doesn't seem to be there any more
I liked Scalzi until I saw how he went after Larry Correia. Larry is a stand up guy and Scalzi tried to ruin Larry's name and reputation with out right lies. Now I can't read Scalzi. I just can't separate the man from the material.

On that note, I recently finished up American Sniper and started Half-Resurrection Blues by Daniel Jose Elder.