What's new

Books

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I liked Scalzi until I saw how he went after Larry Correia. Larry is a stand up guy and Scalzi tried to ruin Larry's name and reputation with out right lies. Now I can't read Scalzi. I just can't separate the man from the material.

On that note, I recently finished up American Sniper and started Half-Resurrection Blues by Daniel Jose Elder.
I hadn't heard that... I hate drama in any industry. I don't blame you though it tends to (for me) turn me off to both parties of the argument. Granted like I said I'm not familiar with the situation, but having read the old mans war series, I still don't think I'd shy away from reading them again. Really good!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I'm currently reading "Celebrity in Death" by J.D. Robb. I recently finished "Lions of Lucerne" by Brad Thor, and "Inside Delta Force" by Eric L. Haney

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Where is the Dresden Files (Jim butcher) love? Anyone who enjoys fantasy lit. Would be doing themselves a favor by checking them out. They're urban noir fantasy and they're awesome.

Also a huge Salvatore fan. Sellsword trilogy, WotSpider queen, Cleric quintet, Drizzt. All of it. Currently reading his new one The Highwayman...still undecided on if I like it or not though. Also reading the Argonauts windless which is the first in a new series by Butcher and its great, and Heir to the Empire in the star wars universe.

Alot of other great sci Fi and fantasy books mentioned in here. Old man's war, black company, enders game, dune, etc...some other great options are Ready Player One by earnest Cline, disc world books by Terry Gilliam, Prince of Thorns trilogy by Mark Lawrence, Enders Shadow(if you haven't read and lime enders game you must) and for those who like forgotten realms books specifically, the Erevis Cale trilogy and the shadow war books are great.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Blue Blood by Edward Conlon

From the Good Reads synopsis
While there is action here, there's also political hassle, the rich and often troubling history of a department not unfamiliar with corruption, and the day to day life of people charged with preserving order in America's largest city. Conlon's book is, in part, a memoir as he progresses from being a rookie cop working the beat at troubled housing projects to assignments in the narcotics division to eventually becoming a detective. But it's also the story of his family history within the enormous NYPD as well as the evolving role of the police force within the city.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Also a huge Salvatore fan. Sellsword trilogy, WotSpider queen, Cleric quintet, Drizzt. All of it. Currently reading his new one The Highwayman...still undecided on if I like it or not though.
I all most picked up highway man the I'm other day. If read every drizzt related book there is I'm pretty sure lol. I'm currently trying to pick out a new series to get into. I'm feeling dragons, anything with lots of dragons.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
well...if you like the DnD feel of the drizzt books and haven't read the books in the dragonlance setting, they're really awesome. I've read the first couple (the first is dragons of autum twilight) and they were really good. if you end up liking them then there are like a jillion books in the setting so it could occupy you for a while lol.

if we do the book pass i can send you the first paperback.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm a sci-fi/fantasy reader in the last few years. Right now I am reading the Mistborn series, by Brandon Sanderson. Good stuff !
Just got done with the "The Way of Kings" and enjoyed it. Looking to see if I can get "Words of Radiance" on E-Book. I have the complete Mistborn series and will start on those afterwards.

Reactions: KLF
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply the best prose and writing style I have ever seen. And English wasn't even his mother tongue !

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
"How Apollo Flew to the Moon," W. David Woods. An excellent book that looks at man's greatest achievement from an engineering perspective.