What's new

BOTL Weight Loss Thread

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Glad I caught this thread on here. I really need to drop a few pounds to get healthier and feel better with some GI issues I have. I eat healthy due to the GI issues (modified paleo basically), but being in IT it is very easy to become stagnant and not get enough exercise. So my wife and I bought iWatches yesterday so we can more easily track our activity and set reminders.
Going to have to get a weight tomorrow, but I probably need to drop at least 25 lbs or more.

Keep it up to all the brothers trying to loose weight and be active. We can all do it!

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
How’s everyone doing with their goals??

Update for me as of 5/4: down to 194lbs flat with strength pretty much in tact - currently eating 1825 calories a day (down from 2025 two weeks ago when the fat loss had stalled for two weeks straight and needed some adjusting, which I made mostly with my carbs)

Hope everyone else is doing great!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I quit chewing this past December. I had been chewing for 35 years. Never realized what an appetite suppressant nicotine was until I stopped! I am constantly hungry and have put on 15 pounds.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like the idea of having a goal smoke...I started my journey at 395....ya that’s no typo...down to 350 right now....I’m built and lean at 270 so now that I’m a grandpa I’ll be happy at 290ish.....I’ll find a smoke worth the wait when I hit 325...and a epic at 300...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Should get back to reading this and seeing how everyone is doing.

I see you guys have been doing your thing and making it happen. I will be starting up a challenge with some teachers at work and wanted to know if there would be any way of us getting one going in our group.

Since it's a BOTL page is figured we can all put us some cigars and not necessarily money.

Anyone game? Of course, we would have to figure out a way to keep all of us honest, but I think it would be fun.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am joining this little party. I started at 275 lbs on June 6th. This morning was at 242 lbs...33 lbs down. Doing weight watchers on line. Also getting my 10000 steps per day (about 4 miles). Good luck to everyone. I want to get to 205 lbs.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Should get back to reading this and seeing how everyone is doing.

I see you guys have been doing your thing and making it happen. I will be starting up a challenge with some teachers at work and wanted to know if there would be any way of us getting one going in our group.

Since it's a BOTL page is figured we can all put us some cigars and not necessarily money.

Anyone game? Of course, we would have to figure out a way to keep all of us honest, but I think it would be fun.

I’d be in

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Nice thread. I started my weight loss journey 576 days ago, starting at 330lbs. I hit my lightest 237lbs on April 4 only by logging foods and restricting caloric intake. Since then, I’ve been doing bad, fell into my old habits, not logging my foods, late night snacking, just stuffing my face in general. Just weighed myself yesterday for the first time in several months. Scale read 260lbs, up 23 lbs in just 5 months. It really opened my eyes. Time to get back on track.

Last edited:

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I fell off the scale last July at IPCPR, but I am trying again, I lost like 20 lbs or something, and gained it all back, but I have slowly started losing again, and I vow to be a shirt size or 2 smaller by next year's show.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Back in April I hurt my back pretty badly. Kept me from working out for about six weeks or so. Got back into it for a few months and then vacation hit (back to back vacations - one with the family and a yearly golf trip). I've been kinda spotty for the last month. Today I vowed to get back into it as I'm the heaviest I've been in a long time (only by 5 or 6 lbs as I'm just about at my goal - but still). I keep at it - its the habits that are hardest to create and keep going.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of having a goal smoke...I started my journey at 395....ya that’s no typo...down to 350 right now....I’m built and lean at 270 so now that I’m a grandpa I’ll be happy at 290ish.....I’ll find a smoke worth the wait when I hit 325...and a epic at 300...

If you drink, buy a bottle of whisky better than your special pour, get a great stick, a unicorn or limited edition under the counter stick. Look at them and tell yourself that nothing you can eat is worth delaying them.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Bout time to get some more activity up in this thread..

Anybody still working at it?

No need to wait till Jan. Start the habit change now. Just eat better. Don't overdo it. Avoid the treats or keep the portions down.

There was no way I was gonna do the bland chicken and rice, steamed broccoli and boiled egg diet bull crap. If you can handle that, more power to you.

That said, I was a carb junkie. Never could have imagined giving up my peanut butter Crackers, bread, potatoes, etc. But Keto is the way to go.

Eating eggs, bacon, steak, chicken, salads, raw or tastily prepared vegetables in butter, olive oil etc. Works great.

Just really minimizes hunger. Get full faster, stay full longer.

Getting a quick workout in the morning, and getting in workout moves any opportunities I get in the day.

Down 18 lbs since September, and quickly approaching 2 pant sizes down.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bout time to get some more activity up in this thread..

Anybody still working at it?

No need to wait till Jan. Start the habit change now. Just eat better. Don't overdo it. Avoid the treats or keep the portions down.

There was no way I was gonna do the bland chicken and rice, steamed broccoli and boiled egg diet bull crap. If you can handle that, more power to you.

That said, I was a carb junkie. Never could have imagined giving up my peanut butter Crackers, bread, potatoes, etc. But Keto is the way to go.

Eating eggs, bacon, steak, chicken, salads, raw or tastily prepared vegetables in butter, olive oil etc. Works great.

Just really minimizes hunger. Get full faster, stay full longer.

Getting a quick workout in the morning, and getting in workout moves any opportunities I get in the day.

Down 18 lbs since September, and quickly approaching 2 pant sizes down.
With insurance reset in January I'll be going back to keto, my first time I went from 520-420 in about 9 months, back up to 470 across my divorce and shit, got back down to 450 before house buying and moving, which put us at the holidays and now I'm close enough to January to go to a dr and get some blood work and stuff done and make sure I'm healthy otherwise