What's new

botls' rolls

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here's a nifty BH roll -- something he calls a pickpocket.

Maybe a 46 gauge x 6" roll. Looks like sumatra wrapper. Perfectly packed. Smells like Jorge's baccy. Unlit draw tastes like spicy mince meat -- that raisin thing that Jorge's leaf gives you. Lit easy enough; but needed too frequent puffing to keep it alive... at least for me, cause I was working in the garage at the time. No apparent marshmallow that I could discern. I enjoyed the first inch and a half or two. Began to think that BH had found a way to tame the Jorge raisin. After that, tho, you know what, I am not a fan of Jorge leaf. Not a clean enough finish for me. Gets too cloying after a half hour. Made me hungry; so I let it go out, and took Bearswatter to dinner. It's a fine skillful roll, and very flavorful. But it's like horehound in reverse -- I like horehound; but I am the only one. Bliss abd BH like the Jorge leaf; I don't.

Lookin forward to the next BH creation.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Here's a nifty BH roll -- something he calls a pickpocket.

Maybe a 46 gauge x 6" roll. Looks like sumatra wrapper. Perfectly packed. Smells like Jorge's baccy. Unlit draw tastes like spicy mince meat -- that raisin thing that Jorge's leaf gives you. Lit easy enough; but needed too frequent puffing to keep it alive... at least for me, cause I was working in the garage at the time. No apparent marshmallow that I could discern. I enjoyed the first inch and a half or two. Began to think that BH had found a way to tame the Jorge raisin. After that, tho, you know what, I am not a fan of Jorge leaf. Not a clean enough finish for me. Gets too cloying after a half hour. Made me hungry; so I let it go out, and took Bearswatter to dinner. It's a fine skillful roll, and very flavorful. But it's like horehound in reverse -- I like horehound; but I am the only one. Bliss abd BH like the Jorge leaf; I don't.

Lookin forward to the next BH creation.
That's actually my marshmallow blend wrapped in Sumatra grown by a fella in Texas. A half leaf of Jorge ligero in there, but no more than that is his. I get a salted pistachio flavor from that one but was limited on the Sumatra I had and haven't found any more so you got one of my last two.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
please don't laugh. When you say BOTL roll are you saying this site has its own brand or actual rolls from brothers? I know this may sound dumb but I don't know where to buy these unbanded beasts and I do not see a "shop" tab in BOTL.org.
We have our own resident BOTL home rollers. So it's actual rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
please don't laugh. When you say BOTL roll are you saying this site has its own brand or actual rolls from brothers? I know this may sound dumb but I don't know where to buy these unbanded beasts and I do not see a "shop" tab in BOTL.org.
You can't buy them for money... but you can buy some for sweat equity. Here's how: You roll some home rolls of your own and then you swap with another home rollin brother here. There may still be time to gift you a home rolling kit for Christmas if you want to try.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's actually my marshmallow blend wrapped in Sumatra grown by a fella in Texas. A half leaf of Jorge ligero in there, but no more than that is his. I get a salted pistachio flavor from that one but was limited on the Sumatra I had and haven't found any more so you got one of my last two.
What were the other leaves in there that Webmost didn't like? Thanks.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Actually my "house blend" for about 8 months was similarly derived from the Melillo Formula. It used the Habano seco for the binder and did away with the Dom binder and corojo seco but added LO "Dom volado," which somewhat took the place of your Dom binder usage in the blend. Otherwise the same. Eventually for some reason it became too inconsistent and I bailed, throwing away forty coronas from one marathon weekend after about 3 out of 5 tasted off.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Actually my "house blend" for about 8 months was similarly derived from the Melillo Formula. It used the Habano seco for the binder and did away with the Dom binder and corojo seco but added LO "Dom volado," which somewhat took the place of your Dom binder usage in the blend. Otherwise the same. Eventually for some reason it became too inconsistent and I bailed, throwing away forty coronas from one marathon weekend after about 3 out of 5 tasted off.
Interesting. I have had very consistent results with this blend. I have tried a variety of wrappers on it and have been pleased however they have been wrapped and have had positive feedback as well. Shrug

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is why you can never smoke just one. Even if you go to the cigar store, you wanna score three of a thing to adequately assess whether that's a box-worthy blend or not. And all that is completely apart from the idiosyncratic nature of taste. For example, I've had a number of cigars I'd say remind me of barn, or of horse sweat, or of smoked meat. You say cocoa, you're apt to get a positive reaction; but you say horse sweat most people will go "eewwww!". Me, I like horse sweat gars. Then too, it's also a moving target. I used to like grassy smokes; now they leave me flat. So you're trying to hit a moving target with a gun that doesn't shoot straight.

All in all I'd say the toughest job in all of rolling is finding a blend or two you can put away for six months or a year and know flat out that you're gonna enjoy every one once you break them out. I'd say I only have one such old reliable at present; tho I have high hopes for another couple candidates.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
BrewinHooligan rolls some amazing beers.

I've been hoarding the few he sent. Rummaged the garage fridge this eve looking for a Modelo Especial to accompany this fine Olorojo you see burning there. Soon's I spotted this BH, I decided to sacrifice something which could hold its own against this ambrosial olorojo blend. Good choice. Helluva brew. Helluva smoke.

Any of you get a chance to score one of his beers, grab it. This one, I think the H marked on the cap stands for Hoppy. Tasty bitters.

Only thing I could say is, BH, you need to learn to krausen these bottles so's the brew gets a head on it.
I need to get out there some day, tap a keg and burn one.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
BrewinHooligan rolls some amazing beers.

I've been hoarding the few he sent. Rummaged the garage fridge this eve looking for a Modelo Especial to accompany this fine Olorojo you see burning there. Soon's I spotted this BH, I decided to sacrifice something which could hold its own against this ambrosial olorojo blend. Good choice. Helluva brew. Helluva smoke.

Any of you get a chance to score one of his beers, grab it. This one, I think the H marked on the cap stands for Hoppy. Tasty bitters.

Only thing I could say is, BH, you need to learn to krausen these bottles so's the brew gets a head on it.
I need to get out there some day, tap a keg and burn one.
Thank you! That's my rye IPA there. The Hooligan Garage is always open to visitors. Lots of seating and never a shortage of beer. I used to bottle all my beer and krausen them, but that's more work than I wanna do now that I brew 10gal or more at a time. Now if I can get my business plan finished and find the right investors a bottling or canning line will make things better in that regard.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

First home roll of the day, a Panatella from @Spenny. Guessing 6x36. After a quick pass with the Redeemer, it smokes with a perfect burn, no corrections or relights required. Mild in body and flavor, great smoke with coffee. Thanks Eric.
That looks like a really nice stick. Does it actually have that taper, or is that lens distortion?