What's new

Cello: Yea or Nea?

Cello: Yea or Nea

• Total voters

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
I most certainly would not! If the sticks dont come in cello, then dont put them in cello!

Shoot sometimes i even take the cello off if they are going into LONG term storage.

Like many have said before, the cello is only used to protect the cigars wrapper from damage. So unless you plan on improperly storing your sticks you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Just messing around brother. I guess I suck at sarcasm or you think I am a complete a-hole. Besides, I found one big cello to slide my humi in and out of for proper storage. Its a preference thing.:glassesgr

Last edited:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I most certainly would not! If the sticks dont come in cello, then dont put them in cello!

No, no no. This is totally wrong. If the sticks did not come with cello they will be jealous of the others with cello and instantly turn acrid and sour. Each stick should have a little cello coat. Many collectors actually create mongrammed cello coats for their special sticks. Leaving a stick without cello is considered very bad form per the rules listed on page 652 of the book of cigar edicate. This book, written in the early 1940's, was compiled by bushmen of the Austrailian outback once they discovered that they could grown tobacco far superior to any other known on earth. These secret farmers learned the true nature of cello, cutting a cigar, how to light a cigar and the ever present storage of cigars. They share these secrets with only a few people, but they are the experts.

Shoot sometimes i even take the cello off if they are going into LONG term storage.

No, no, no. According to the experts again this is all wrong. By experts I am of course referring to the Corojo Five. That band of one eyed Albanian cigar traders that lead the world in cello development and testing. For REAL long term storage it is best to first give each stick a light brushing with cuban spring water. This is what the guys in the know do. Then carefully wrap the celloed sticks and uncelloed sticks in saranwrap to insure they stay moist while they sleep. Now if you are putting them down for one year use one layer of saranwrap. If two or more years, best to use the whole roll.

Like many have said before, the cello is only used to protect the cigars wrapper from damage. So unless you plan on improperly storing your sticks you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Gee. You really believe that? Actually according to most Austrian albinos, and many Ethiopian horse traders(and I am sure we all agree they would be the experts in this matter)cello also adds to the flavor and intensity of a cigar when stored with cello on. Without the cello, the sticks feel helpless and naked. They gain a complex as it were. Cello also protects cigars that are dumped in piles on living room floors. It energizes the natural oils of the cigar allowing it to go from joe average cigar to SUPER cigar.
So I guess we really should listen to the true experts dont you think?

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I keep asking myself why I even view this thread anymore whenever it comes up. Am I going to learn about a new discovery about cello on cigars? :crosseyed

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Cello does a nice job of protecting cigars if you are moving them around or storing as singles. Wisdom for today.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Cello does a nice job of protecting cigars if you are moving them around or storing as singles. Wisdom for today.

I think I finally got it. I should save my cello (if I store my smokes without cello) in case I want to move them around, I can re-cello to protect them while moving and remove said cello when I am finished moving them.

Thanks Chuck

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I think I finally got it. I should save my cello (if I store my smokes without cello) in case I want to move them around, I can re-cello to protect them while moving and remove said cello when I am finished moving them.

Thanks Chuck
I am so glad to be of help Ken. :peace:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Cello is also good for lighting campfires in a pinch but cedar sleeves are better. Further wisdom. :peace:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
This thread is like a bad accident, you just have to look.

Ken, I'm beggin' you, please use your mod powers and just get rid of this thread.

PLEASE!!!!