What's new

Cheapies that are actually tasty?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nica Libre Potencia. Only the Potencia though not the other Nica Libre offerings.
I had the other nica libre not the potencia. What is the profile like?
IMO the other Nica Libres are very flat and boring. The Potencia has tons of pepper, chocolate, some hay in the middle, and some spicy earth in the last. Can be picked up for around $50 a box on CigarBid.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Nica Libre Potencia. Only the Potencia though not the other Nica Libre offerings.
I had the other nica libre not the potencia. What is the profile like?
IMO the other Nica Libres are very flat and boring. The Potencia has tons of pepper, chocolate, some hay in the middle, and some spicy earth in the last. Can be picked up for around $50 a box on CigarBid.
That's exactly what I thought. Flat and boring. Everyone raved but I wasn't impressed. Not bad like dog rocket but flat and boring

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
did you let them "rest" a while?

I find the standard NL 1990 to profile very much like a padron XXXX after laying down for about 6 months..

theyre not going to compete with some super premium stick in terms of complexity, taste, etc..

but at the $1.50-$2.50 price point.. I think they make outstanding "yard gars".. the little 4x46 coronas are particularly tasty (to me at least).. and at about $35 a box on CI.. very hard to beat..

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I'll just jump in and say I've had nicas that were fantastic, and some terrible. Stopped trying them bc I never knew what I might get.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Damn WORST smoke you've ever smoked? I've never even seen a bad review on them lmao.
He must of never smoked a gurkha lol
I haven't. I have one aging in my humi but it's long as shit so I'm waiting
I've had 5 or 6 different ones. Didn't like any of them. Particularly hated the widow maker, actually threw it across my yard about ten minutes in.

I feel i gave the brand a fair shot, just not for me. Maybe some of the more pricey ones but I'd never pay their prices since i could spend it wiser elsewhere:)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damn WORST smoke you've ever smoked? I've never even seen a bad review on them lmao.
I've had 5 or 6 different ones. Didn't like any of them. Particularly hated the widow maker, actually threw it across my yard about ten minutes in.

I feel i gave the brand a fair shot, just not for me. Maybe some of the more pricey ones but I'd never pay their prices since i could spend it wiser elsewhere:)
ive had quite a few gurkhas and theyre very hit or miss and when they miss they miss bad

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

ive had quite a few gurkhas and theyre very hit or miss and when they miss they miss bad
Which ones have you liked?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
The ancient warrior? I got one too, I dunno when I'll ever get to that thing lol
That's it!!
I actually enjoyed the ancient warrior

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
The ancient warrior? I got one too, I dunno when I'll ever get to that thing lol
That's it!!
Lmao i got one too. Prob aged for a year. Always either think it will burn too long or I'll hate it so i always skim over. Got it for $2 on cbid

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
That's it!!
I actually enjoyed the ancient warrior
Good to hear. It looks pretty good compared to other gurkhas and has a bad ace name

halel

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That's it!!
Lmao i got one too. Prob aged for a year. Always either think it will burn too long or I'll hate it so i always skim over. Got it for $2 on cbid
Got mine from the guy at the Kia dealership. He said its the one they made before the current Ancient Warrior.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I did find that I had to power through the first couple of minutes but, after that, it became pretty enjoyable.

BUT, it's going to take a while to get through those 8"

Hmmm... Maybe a 5-er to anyone who can nub it under 30 minutes? Probably a bad idea

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I did find that I had to power through the first couple of minutes but, after that, it became pretty enjoyable.

BUT, it's going to take a while to get through those 8"

Hmmm... Maybe a 5-er to anyone who can nub it under 30 minutes? Probably a bad idea
Interesting contest. Like drinking gallon of milk in under an hour...lmao