What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Picked this one up, and have been having a conversation with the seller. He's got a number of plastic, plastic-wood hybrid (Is such a thing even possible!? :p), and wooden molds. I'm in the process of obtaining a full list from him and will post it once he sends it over. Might hopefully have a few things that people are hunting.

Cheers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked this one up, and have been having a conversation with the seller. He's got a number of plastic, plastic-wood hybrid (Is such a thing even possible!? :p), and wooden molds. I'm in the process of obtaining a full list from him and will post it once he sends it over. Might hopefully have a few things that people are hunting.

Cheers.
Hell yeah! I thought maybe someone from around here jumped on it quick. nice! looking forward to seeing what your talking about..

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I need some advice from the group. I haven't liked my freehand rolling, so I've been looking at getting a mold. I pulled the trigger on this one I found on eBay.

It was $50, the cheapest I'd seen in the style I wanted. A little thinner than I expected, about a 40 rg.

The bottom seems fine. Maybe a little dirty. I'm assuming some light sanding will clean it up fine.

The top has some damage, and that's where my questions come in. The ends are cracked but level. A few in the center seem slightly loose, and don't perfectly line up.

I was thinking of tapping in some small ring shank nails to snug them down, either from the sides or in the middle. Should I also try filling in the cracks with wood putty and sanding it smooth? Should I seal it all afterwards somehow with varnish or wax? Any and all advice is appreciated.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's got a few things going for it. when together, it's fairly level and, the splitting is spaced out between channels.
clean it up, hit it with a dampened cloth, get it into a nice level pressing. if you don't have a proper press, get it in between two flat pieces of something. wood, steel. (maybe you want to get some cased tobacco in it?)
you'll want to leave it under pressure when it's in use or not. this will help it come together.
If your using c-clamps, get a few on there. if you have a floor jack, rap it in a chain. the idea is to give it some new memory.
I did this at first.
.. a foot stool on it's side..

The thing is, because the splitting is spaced out between channels, when you go to rotate them round, you'll rotate between channels. that would get the marks out. do it a few times.
You could fill it in.
If the split channels are not floating around I wouldn't mess with them.

I use molds like that just fine.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I need some advice from the group. I haven't liked my freehand rolling, so I've been looking at getting a mold. I pulled the trigger on this one I found on eBay.

It was $50, the cheapest I'd seen in the style I wanted. A little thinner than I expected, about a 40 rg.

The bottom seems fine. Maybe a little dirty. I'm assuming some light sanding will clean it up fine.

The top has some damage, and that's where my questions come in. The ends are cracked but level. A few in the center seem slightly loose, and don't perfectly line up.

I was thinking of tapping in some small ring shank nails to snug them down, either from the sides or in the middle. Should I also try filling in the cracks with wood putty and sanding it smooth? Should I seal it all afterwards somehow with varnish or wax? Any and all advice is appreciated.
That's a right fine looking mold. I would bet that it will work just fine as is, @Marc L is giving excellent advice.