What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, from someone that knows.... you should take this trade

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Ah I see now. I thought you meant trade "3d molds for cigars", as in trade molds. I haven't considered it, to be honest. I'm having so much fun rolling that I've even cut down on commercial cigars in my stash. Rolling is a great way to take your mind off day to day stuff and is almost as relaxing as smoking them. Are these cigars you've rolled?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ah I see now. I thought you meant trade "3d molds for cigars", as in trade molds. I haven't considered it, to be honest. I'm having so much fun rolling that I've even cut down on commercial cigars in my stash. Rolling is a great way to take your mind off day to day stuff and is almost as relaxing as smoking them. Are these cigars you've rolled?
I could feasibly do either, though you'd have a much safer bet with the commercial cigars as far as smokeability and enjoyment go. Assuming you can't be plied with cigars, are your design/printing abilities for hire? Just think of all the leaf you could buy. ;)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could feasibly do either, though you'd have a much safer bet with the commercial cigars as far as smokeability and enjoyment go. Assuming you can't be plied with cigars, are your design/printing abilities for hire? Just think of all the leaf you could buy. ;)
Hah hah. I'm happy to help out, if I can. Unless there is a ton of demand for molds, I don't know that I could take a serious stab at it. It started from my own needs and a hobby. If any of you want to contact me privately, hit me up at keith@keithjjones.com.

Wrapped with shade for the first time last night. I thought it was more enjoyable than my oscuro and Maduro attempts.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Surprisingly, the WTL combo below had more spice than I thought it would have. Maybe it is because I haven't aged the cigars and was just testing the blend.

Melodioso Cremosa (mild-medium)
Ecuador CT Shade Leaf Wrapper
Sumatra Cigar Binder
3 Dominican Seco
1 Dominican Ligero

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Surprisingly, the WTL combo below had more spice than I thought it would have. Maybe it is because I haven't aged the cigars and was just testing the blend.

Melodioso Cremosa (mild-medium)
Ecuador CT Shade Leaf Wrapper
Sumatra Cigar Binder
3 Dominican Seco
1 Dominican Ligero
I remember that kit. Back then (2+ years ago) it used a Dominican binder. It produced a surprisingly strong stick, stronger than the kit with the H2K wrapper. Not an awesome stick, in my case, but a strong smoke-able stick. The oldest cigar I still have that I rolled is from that kit, this super lancero:

Here's another from that same kit batch:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember that kit. Back then (2+ years ago) it used a Dominican binder. It produced a surprisingly strong stick, stronger than the kit with the H2K wrapper. Not an awesome stick, in my case, but a strong smoke-able stick. The oldest cigar I still have that I rolled is from that kit, this super lancero:

Wow! That's incredible!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I am still a newbie with the chaveta. I can't seem to make sharp turns on the flag as well as you in your videos.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am still a newbie with the chaveta. I can't seem to make sharp turns on the flag as well as you in your videos.
There are a few things which make that maneuver easier to learn: a wooden board (vs metal or ceramic or whatever), a sharp blade, and the technique of the left-hand fingers holding the leaf taught during the cut, sometimes with subtle help from free fingers of the right hand.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are a few things which make that maneuver easier to learn: a wooden board (vs metal or ceramic or whatever), a sharp blade, and the technique of the left-hand fingers holding the leaf taught during the cut, sometimes with subtle help from free fingers of the right hand.
I have the wooden board and sharp blade. I'm considering trying a scalpel I have to for the tight turns. With your guys' help and your videos Bliss, my caps have come a long way in a week.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the wooden board and sharp blade. I'm considering trying a scalpel I have to for the tight turns. With your guys' help and your videos Bliss, my caps have come a long way in a week.
That's great! The scalpel sounds like a good idea, minus the fact that you wouldn't be putting in practice time on the chaveta, I guess. You can see in my videos that I started by faking it with multiple cuts because I didn't want to shred my leaf trying to do it in the traditional way. After a year of that I switched over. I'm glad I finally went for it: it becomes easy quickly, once you commit.