What's new

Cigar Molds Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I occasionally haunt the antique stores in Lancaster county. before I was rolling I occasionally saw a vintage wood cigar mold or 2. I have a couple shapes I don't have. If I were to run across a mold that suited my size needs, what should I look for prior to purchase? I know:

1. there should be 2 halves
2. they should fit together without gaps and without sticking
3. there should be no structural cracks

Anything else? how about wood conditioning/condition of wood?
Also, are there any particular considerations regarding storage when I'm not using them? Right now I have 2 molds, and they're both plastic.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I occasionally haunt the antique stores in Lancaster county. before I was rolling I occasionally saw a vintage wood cigar mold or 2. I have a couple shapes I don't have. If I were to run across a mold that suited my size needs, what should I look for prior to purchase? I know:

1. there should be 2 halves
2. they should fit together without gaps and without sticking
3. there should be no structural cracks

Anything else? how about wood conditioning/condition of wood?
Also, are there any particular considerations regarding storage when I'm not using them? Right now I have 2 molds, and they're both plastic.
I do have an eye out on availability. let me know if you have something specific in mind.
The best fitted molds are tight and kind of stick together tightly. However, they do like to be kept clean. that's a different type of sticking together.
Most cracks in the tobacco cavity can be rotated out successfully. I have molds that when at rest, have some gaps that are not a problem when put under pressure.
There is spoon butter (wax and oil) that was used on a lot of used molds you can find. Most of the time they will need no reconditioning.
I do like to keep my wood under pressure when not in use.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost....
I almost bought a mold last year from etsy. I backed out when I noticed shipping was the same price as the mold. I didn't need it that badly..
You lucky guys there... I’m either in the U.K. or China, so buying from the Honduran shop makes no difference from buying from US EBay, as the shipping is always that expensive...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there I was... looking for molds, when I found a capping tool for $13.00. I was excited for about 6.9 seconds until I realized that I could buy the same capping tool at Walmart for approximately 69 cents. Oh the things you find on Etsy...90B37454-4C34-4E34-9740-F45D512939E5.png

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After watching bliss use the piping caps, I have been using that, I was just laughing at the “UP” charge that the site placed on the item

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After watching bliss use the piping caps, I have been using that, I was just laughing at the “UP” charge that the site placed on the item
I use a vast horde of electrical, plumbing, baking, and sowing doodads for casquillo duty. This is the thing I just used a minute ago, perfect for a petite corona. No idea what it is. I suspect it's electrical: