What's new

Clash of Clans

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I like the wars in SS but it needs a town editor like CoC. It's a pain in the ass rearranging things. Also need brackets so someone with level 4-5 troops can't attack someone with level 1-2 troops.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Here's what mine looks like

Mortars should be closer inside and protected since the deal the most damage. Make sure your town hall is heavily protected. I win against a lot of guys cause they put it near the edge of their walls. Crystal walls mean nothin if my archers can reach your town hall without breaking through. I've noticed I tend to win not because of my defense being leveled up but because it's tedious work to break through two layers of walls to get to the stuff the matters

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Okay, thanks. I will check it out. Right now my town hall is a low level so I don't get many walls. I kinda planned on doing more when I leveled up. The walls you guys see is all I have atm. I will get more once I upgrade again.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a theory I've been working on as I've tinkered with different layouts.....the best looking defense seems to be a bit of a drawback. I can go days without being attacked sometimes. I'm guessing it is the same reason that I pass on attacking 90% of the offered victims: defense looks like it wouldn't be worth the work/risk....that, and I harvest my resources frequently, so there's little to steal.

I'm wondering if a better layout would be one that is highly defensible, but still looks inviting....I like winning on defense, too. At least I did while I was working on getting to 1250. That was a huge milestone and allowed another builder without laying out any cash. So, maybe I don't care about trophies for a while anyway...lol

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have a theory I've been working on as I've tinkered with different layouts.....the best looking defense seems to be a bit of a drawback. I can go days without being attacked sometimes. I'm guessing it is the same reason that I pass on attacking 90% of the offered victims: defense looks like it wouldn't be worth the work/risk....that, and I harvest my resources frequently, so there's little to steal.

I'm wondering if a better layout would be one that is highly defensible, but still looks inviting....I like winning on defense, too. At least I did while I was working on getting to 1250. That was a huge milestone and allowed another builder without laying out any cash. So, maybe I don't care about trophies for a while anyway...lol
Dave you're spot on. Since upping my walls from 3 to gold I haven't been attacked. Before that I woke up to 90 trophies from people losing while I slept!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Question....
Under "Achievements" it says something like 'achieve 1250 trophies in multiplayer games', for which the reward is a hefty 450 gems.

I am currently at 813/1250

Yet, when I win a battle, and it shows in my summary that I have won 'X' amount of trophies, the 813 number does not change.

I am battling in the "find a match" section, which I am pretty certain counts as multiplayer, so what am I missing here? Why does that 813 number not change?
Perhaps it's adjusted in increments?

Any help appreciated!

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Question....
Under "Achievements" it says something like 'achieve 1250 trophies in multiplayer games', for which the reward is a hefty 450 gems.

Yet, when I win a battle, and it shows in my summary that I have won 'X' amount of trophies, the 813 number does not change.

I am battling in the "find a match" section, which I am pretty certain counts as multiplayer, so what am I missing here? Why does that 813 number not change?

Any help appreciated!
the 813 number is the highest you held at one time, not the total number you have ever won. so if you win 20 trophies but still have less than 813 trophies at the current time, that number will not change

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
^ Correct!

And that gems reward is sweet! I've refused thus far to spend real cash on this or SS. Getting enough gems in CoC to get another builder without paying for it was huge to me.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Question....

Any help appreciated!
the 813 number is the highest you held at one time, not the total number you have ever won. so if you win 20 trophies but still have less than 813 trophies at the current time, that number will not change
Okay...Thanks!
So I guess that's yet another thing where no explanation is given within the game, LOL!

Rating - 100%
153   0   0

Dave you can set a center trap. Leave middle wide open so they can drop in center, but then get melted by infernos and tesla. Here is an example. Works 90% of the time below 2700 cups.

There really is no such thing as defense up high. I can beat any base at least 1 star every single time when i push for cups. The only way to win on defense up high is someone makes a mistake. More luck than anything else. When you pass 3200 cups you are attacked within 1 minute. Everyone up that high is either online for 12 straight hours on offense or riding a 12 hour shield. My current base can get me maybe 2 defense wins a week on luck over 3200 cups

Way more fun to be at 2600 cups killing people for 100% and all the loot. Darn walls cost 3 million each to upgrade.

Mike

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
MVP,
Good idea on the internal trap. I've gotten slaughtered by them in the past; both on CoC and SS. I poured 80 troops into one a couple weeks ago and came away with nothing before I wised up and backed out. I'd sort of forgotten and haven't taken the time to set it up. I may work on that this weekend. I don't have great defensive stuff for it yet, but I'm upgrading Town Hall now (to 7, I think) and it should come with cool toys.