What's new

Coffee Roasting

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm almost always using P5 and when 1st crack gets rolling drop down to P3. After 1st crack I give it maybe 1-3 minutes and hit cool thats almost always just before 2nd crack but not always. For my taste I like it to end just before or maybe a crack into 2nd.
This is exactly what we've been doing too. After some initial trial and error. We roasted 2 1/2lbs batches this weekend doing this and they came out great.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have no affiliation with them other than having ordered from them in the past, but you may want to check out uroastem.com. Their prices are a bit better than Sweet Maria's.

For example, I prefer the Costa Rican Tarrazu bean. U-Roast-em has a one pound bag for $7.99 while Sweet Maria's is $9.15

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This post isn't going to add much value but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this thread. I never knew roasting your own coffee was even a thing until reading through everything posted, and now I'm on to youtubing and googling to find out more. Very cool stuff here. Carry on.
Join the party!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This post isn't going to add much value but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this thread. I never knew roasting your own coffee was even a thing until reading through everything posted, and now I'm on to youtubing and googling to find out more. Very cool stuff here. Carry on.
I have planned on getting into roasting for a long time. This forum gave me that final push. It is far easier than I thought it would be. I say jump in and give it a go.