What's new

Coffee Roasting

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Anyone have experience blending different roasts and regions?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I have blended an Ethiopian Mocha Harrar with a Java, it made a nice mocha java. My father had a Jaguar and the first Christmas after he passed I gave all my relatives a blend I made from Mexican, Brazilian and Guatemalan Beans (all countries with populations of jaguars). Guatemalan and Indonesian beans blend well with African beans, particularly Ethiopian and Tanzanian. When I have small anounts of beans that won't make a full roast I toss them inthe same roast batch and see what happens. The downside is that if it's good I can't replicate it.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Anyone have experience blending different roasts and regions?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I have only done a small amount of blending, but I made a blend of 3/4 brazilian and 1/4 Ethiopian that was pretty damn good. I just toss both beans in the roaster at the same time and it worked well. They didn't roast the same, so I could tell which bean was which after roasting. The Brazilian was noticeably darker than the Ethiopian.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks! As if I needed another hobby, haha.
Did my first batch last night, not quite dark enough for my tastes but pretty happy considering it was my first time. I think I was overly concerned with burning the beans

That's a good looking roast.