What's new

Conceal Carry Handguns

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Love the Springer TRP. I have one as a nightstand/range gun that I gutted and rebuilt. Your picture reminds me that I need to get it refinished all black again... Ha ha.
Robar.... there are at least 1500 presentations on that finish. I did the same with the internals although probably more for piece of mind over performance.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
You run into any issues with open carry in town. I have done it a few times and have gotten some dirty ass looks.
I never OC at the mall, I will always CC there. I ignore signs as they don't hold water in Indiana. I have had some looks and even have had some people tell me I was breaking the law(but I never was). If I OC my Colt 1911 I never get hassled, it is always when I have my XDM that I get the looks. Guess they hate black, polymer framed, double stacked, match barreled, Springfields. Guess if it were a Glock, they would think it was cool...

The more you OC the more you learn to ignore others. Most people are oblivious to it. Plus if it bothers you, CC and no one knows. I carry my PF9 CC or my wife's S&W BG 380 and no one would ever know I had it on me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's worked for me is seasonal holsters. I have a shoulder holster that I wear during cold weather seaons and then a waist line inside-the-pants holster for the hot weather seasons. I carry a 45M&Pc so its not much weight and that way I always have at least 16 rounds on me. That's just whats worked for me in the past.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've found that a Glock 26 with a two round magazine extension is almost always concealable. The beach is the only time I have trouble. IF I go to a more formal event I use a shoulder holster and keep my coat on. Plus, I have 13 rounds in the gun at all times.

The question is, do you carry an extra magazine in case of failures? That makes things more tricky.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I wish I had my ccw... was out with the family the Thursday and saw from about 200 yards away what looked like 2 large males attacking a small female. They were getting physical then rolling around in the snow about 20 yards from their car. We called 911 then jumped in the car to get a plate number in case there was a kidnapping or something. I didn't want to get involved if I didn't have too since I had my family in the car and was out numbered. Once we got over there they all were getting back into the car with out confrontation. Looked like it was just a teen son getting some act right from Mommy and Daddy. Which happens. I get it I guess but,was scary for a minute and to make matters worse we sat in a nearby parking lot for 10 min to calm down and there was no police presence whatsoever. We were a whopping 2 miles if that from the police station Needless to say me better half is finally ok with us spending the money for both of us to get our ccw. :) When seconds count police are only minutes away lol

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I wish I had my ccw... was out with the family the Thursday and saw from about 200 yards away what looked like 2 large males attacking a small female. They were getting physical then rolling around in the snow about 20 yards from their car. We called 911 then jumped in the car to get a plate number in case there was a kidnapping or something. I didn't want to get involved if I didn't have too since I had my family in the car and was out numbered. Once we got over there they all were getting back into the car with out confrontation. Looked like it was just a teen son getting some act right from Mommy and Daddy. Which happens. I get it I guess but,was scary for a minute and to make matters worse we sat in a nearby parking lot for 10 min to calm down and there was no police presence whatsoever. We were a whopping 2 miles if that from the police station Needless to say me better half is finally ok with us spending the money for both of us to get our ccw. :) When seconds count police are only minutes away lol
In regards to such scenarios:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?14843-When-to-get-involved
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?14864-When-to-get-involved-part-II

Plus, pretty much everything ever written by Craig Douglas (Southnarc).

More food for thought: Are you going to carry a light to identify threats?

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Great links! A lot of great information. like I said once it looked like it was domestic I was out. Just got the plate number and drove on. And that's a good call on the light. I need to put some small but bright led flashlights in the driver door pockets of my vehicles. I was really surprised an officer never showed up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking my CC class tomorrow. Looking at and M&P in a .40 to carry, especially since I will be traveling between my clinics now.