What's new

CroMagnon Vs Aquitaine?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Aquataine has a lighter reddish hue to it. The CroMagnon is a darker black color with the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. I was informed that bands are coming very soon though.
Bands would be awesome. I love these but drives me crazy when I have to figure out what it is in my humidor.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aquataine has a lighter reddish hue to it. The CroMagnon is a darker black color with the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. I was informed that bands are coming very soon though.
Bands would be awesome. I love these but drives me crazy when I have to figure out what it is in my humidor.

They look really good, Skip showed them to me not too long ago. Clean & simple...

As far as draw problems go. I honestly haven't had any...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Had another cromag last night! It was sooooo good!
The draw was perfect and the flavors were saturated.
Mouth feel was like an oil slick. More of these will be on the way to my house soon.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
They look really good, Skip showed them to me not too long ago. Clean & simple...

Yeah, the draw problems were my fault:(
I over humidified them...
After dry boxing these babies were perfect! The draw was still firm but smoke production was borderline chewy. Don't even get me started on flavor!
I'm burning through the Aqui now and and it is really good.
However, the Cromag gets the nod from me. The ramped up strength and pronounced flavors really do it for me.
The second third of the cromag is utterly rich and creamy.
The final is like smoked butter if that makes sense.
IMHO, if you're an all flavor guy go Aquitaine but, if your a flavor/strength guy go Cromag. If it depends on the day or, for some of us, hour get them both!

That settles it, cromagnon just moved to the top of my try list.
I'd say get a fiver of each to test the waters for yourself. These are both great smokes. The money will be well spent.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

After dry boxing these babies were perfect! The draw was still firm but smoke production was borderline chewy. Don't even get me started on flavor!
However, the Cromag gets the nod from me. The ramped up strength and pronounced flavors really do it for me.
IMHO, if you're an all flavor guy go Aquitaine but, if your a flavor/strength guy go Cromag. If it depends on the day or, for some of us, hour get them both!

I'd say get a fiver of each to test the waters for yourself. These are both great smokes. The money will be well spent.
I thought I had this all figured out...a fiver of the cromagnon cranium and then a fiver of another boutique brand...now with your description of the Aquitaine, I feel I have to try that too. I think you've got the right idea though and I'll grab a five of each.

Will I be able tell them apart if order a 5 of cromagnon and a 5 of Aquitaine in the same vitola (from Podman cigars)?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

I thought I had this all figured out...a fiver of the cromagnon cranium and then a fiver of another boutique brand...now with your description of the Aquitaine, I feel I have to try that too. I think you've got the right idea though and I'll grab a five of each.

Will I be able tell them apart if order a 5 of cromagnon and a 5 of Aquitaine in the same vitola (from Podman cigars)?
Ask him to put something to tell the difference. But I think it was mentioned also that there's a visual difference.

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0

Sure I will put them in different bags and mark them for you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sure I will put them in different bags and mark them for you.
Thank you! I'll be placing my order on Friday.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great to hear! As a hand-made product, there will always be issues here and there, but I can honestly tell you we do everything possible to catch any issues we have in the factory and we do whatever it takes to correct any issues that do hit a customer or retailer.

This year, we are building a new escaparate, drying room and a new cold room for packaging to address the humidity issues during the rainy season. With our current limitations, we go so far as to weigh every cigar to identify potential problems.

Thanks again for all of the positive and real feedback.

Skip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will be sending a box of CroMagnon Atlatl (Lancero) to Podman tomorrow To give to those already on this thread that order from him by Sunday.....I will let him sort out who gets them and who gets the box.

Skip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD