What's new

CroMagnon Vs Aquitaine?

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
I doubled down on the Roma sticks today...I ordered two 5 packs from Podman (cromagnon and Aquitaine in the cranium size) and picked up a single each locally of the cromagnon and Aquitaine knuckle dragger and an intemperance BA.

I fired up the cromagnon KD (my first ever Roma stick) and I really enjoyed it.
I really appreciate it! The Slobberknockers come in Monday so everything gets turned around then. Enjoy it all!

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
My preference would be that you guys support Timmy.

I told him today that we would transfer any of the inventory at Hava Cigar to PodmanCigars.com that he needs.

That said, Hava is running low on a lot of things also.

Skip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I can feel the RoMa Craft love! That being said I believe there is a side trip for this year's BOTL Safari to Skip's factory in Esteli. It is small but very well run and I for one was very impressed when I visited last summer.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was at Crescent City Cigar Shop a few days ago and had to spread the word about Roma Craft. I'm going back next week and promised to bring them a couple samples. Maybe y'all will get a new account out of it;) it'd be cool to have them available in the area!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubled down on the Roma sticks today...I ordered two 5 packs from Podman (cromagnon and Aquitaine in the cranium size) and picked up a single each locally of the cromagnon and Aquitaine knuckle dragger and an intemperance BA.

I fired up the cromagnon KD (my first ever Roma stick) and I really enjoyed it.
I really appreciate it! The Slobberknockers come in Monday so everything gets turned around then. Enjoy it all!
Thanks Tim!

Foe

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I will be sending a box of CroMagnon Atlatl (Lancero) to Podman tomorrow To give to those already on this thread that order from him by Sunday.....I will let him sort out who gets them and who gets the box.

Skip

I'm sure you get this question a lot, Skip, but can we look forward to the Atlatl becoming available for purchase at least semi-regularly?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly, the Lancero isn't really a marketable size and the method we use for production is very slow.

We will keep Tim supplied, but it isn't likely going to be a regular production cigar.

Keep an eye out for Intemperance AWS IV (6. 5 x 44, Lonsdale) and CroMagnon Mode 5 (5 x 50, Short Perfecto) our next event only vitollas.

Skip

Foe

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Honestly, the Lancero isn't really a marketable size and the method we use for production is very slow.

We will keep Tim supplied, but it isn't likely going to be a regular production cigar.

Keep an eye out for Intemperance AWS IV (6. 5 x 44, Lonsdale) and CroMagnon Mode 5 (5 x 50, Short Perfecto) our next event only vitollas.

Skip

Yeah, as much as I personally like to buy lanceros, I understand they typically don't fly off the shelves...

Are the square-pressed Craniums still in the works for spring?

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I can feel the RoMa Craft love! That being said I believe there is a side trip for this year's BOTL Safari to Skip's factory in Esteli. It is small but very well run and I for one was very impressed when I visited last summer.
you better not be playing with my emotions, Tim. Dont tease me bro.

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
you better not be playing with my emotions, Tim. Dont tease me bro.
I did say I think. That being said Skip is going to be in Esteli at the same time we are so at the very least you should be able to have a chat with him.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a cromagnon and aquitaine knuckle dragger and enjoyed both (I'm sitting on craniums in both cigars that I've yet to try) but the intemperance BA I had yesterday was the best of the brand (to this point) and I need to grab more of those.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just polished off another cromagnon knuckle dragger.

Just a great cigar. I can't decide between this one or the intemperance BA. Might need to purchase a box of each. Still waiting on labels though. No labels drives me crazy in the perfectly organized OCD wineador...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a cranium cromagnon yesterday and that thing was good (I'm still thinking about it). That stick was so solidly packed and had great construction. I can't put my finger on any of the flavors (never been good at that) but what I tasted I really enjoyed.

One of the few cigars Ive had in a while where i was satisfied with 1 cigar and not looking to smoke a second stick. Doesn't Make much sense, but I was "cigar full" after finishing the cranium and not "hungry" for another stick. Didn't experience that with the knuckle dragger. So the cranium cromagnon is my guy...now I have to sample 1 of my cranium aquitaines.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I picked up a 5er of Craniums in both blends yesterday. They look awsome I can't wait to get home tonight to smoke one of them. The problem is going to be which to smoke first.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 5er of Craniums in both blends yesterday. They look awsome I can't wait to get home tonight to smoke one of them. The problem is going to be which to smoke first.
I prefer Cromagnon over Aquitaine. If you discover you enjoy the Aquitaine much more, I'll trade you 4 Aquitaines for 4 Cromagnons (I also have the cranium size).

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Tried my first RoMa Crafts this weekend.

Intemperance BA - (Really wanted to try EC because I've generally preferred nearly all Ecuador wrappers over Brazilian) -- Unfortunately my local only had the BA. Burned well, if not razor sharp. Good flavors, but a little flat. Left me wanting more from it. Not bad, by any means. Just a little 'average'.

Cromagnon Anthropology - Was thrilled to find the local carried this size. I've been apprehensive about RoMa because of the large RG's. Regrettably, this cigar had 54RG amount of tobacco wrapped in a 46. May have been the tightest draw I've ever had in a cigar that wasn't plugged. Absolutely loved the flavors, but after an inch I felt like I was sucking a whole cherry through a Dairy Queen straw. I was nervous about using a draw tool because I was afraid that it was so tight, I'd split it. But, I gave in and put the poker in -- not a quarter inch in and the wrapper split....bad. Tried to continue by holding the frayed wrapper in place while gripping it, but it turned into too much work. I really did enjoy the flavors and look forward to trying it again...hopefully one rolled a little better (looser, anyway.)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tried my first RoMa Crafts this weekend.

Intemperance BA - (Really wanted to try EC because I've generally preferred nearly all Ecuador wrappers over Brazilian) -- Unfortunately my local only had the BA. Burned well, if not razor sharp. Good flavors, but a little flat. Left me wanting more from it. Not bad, by any means. Just a little 'average'.

Cromagnon Anthropology - Was thrilled to find the local carried this size. I've been apprehensive about RoMa because of the large RG's. Regrettably, this cigar had 54RG amount of tobacco wrapped in a 46. May have been the tightest draw I've ever had in a cigar that wasn't plugged. Absolutely loved the flavors, but after an inch I felt like I was sucking a whole cherry through a Dairy Queen straw. I was nervous about using a draw tool because I was afraid that it was so tight, I'd split it. But, I gave in and put the poker in -- not a quarter inch in and the wrapper split....bad. Tried to continue by holding the frayed wrapper in place while gripping it, but it turned into too much work. I really did enjoy the flavors and look forward to trying it again...hopefully one rolled a little better (looser, anyway.)
Same story for me. I tried the anthropology and really loved the flavor but found the cigar to be overfilled.